Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New commemorative shirt - £50!!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I dont think £50 is that bad for a one off adult shirt AND a special box- you don't have to buy one

£45 for a junior is a bit of a piss take though....

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
Other clubs are now charging £50 for their standard shirts, I fear it may be the sign of things to come. Replica shirts in Europe are already often e70 or e80. Hope they know what they are doing, because it is a good bit of business for football clubs, be foolish to blow it by overcharging across the board.

Isn't it just £50 because its commemorative?

Please tell me the normal ones aren't going to be that much too...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Isn't it just £50 because its commemorative?

Please tell me the normal ones aren't going to be that much too...

I think in this case it is because it's a commemorative shirt, but I was just making the point that other clubs are now charging £50 for their standard replica shirts. I wondered if it would become the norm in the UK for standard shirts to start costing £50 instead of the current universal £40ish.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You could get a really nice classic polo shirt for that.

I would rather spend the extra FIVER on this:

fila_vintage_bb1_polo_royal_2.jpg

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You could get a really nice classic polo shirt for that.

I would rather spend the extra FIVER on this:

fila_vintage_bb1_polo_royal_2.jpg
Yeah but Walt you're a grown man who admits to owning a Star Wars tracksuit. Your opinion on clothes is less valid than mine - and I shop at Matalan!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£50 too expensive, cashing in on the new stadium etc. Taking the Piss.

Why is it taking the piss ? People do have a choice, its not like anyone is FORCED to buy it.

I think its a nice looking shirt. If I can get the pennies together, I just might invest.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I think in this case it is because it's a commemorative shirt, but I was just making the point that other clubs are now charging £50 for their standard replica shirts. I wondered if it would become the norm in the UK for standard shirts to start costing £50 instead of the current universal £40ish.

I'm sure the last few "commemorative" shirts have been normal price such as the one we had for Doncaster at Withdean or the last Skint shirt.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Do Gold members still get a 10% discount?
Will it be available to purchase without the box?

When I went to watch Brisbane Roar I had half a mind to buy a shirt but it was AUS$140 - f*** that!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
£50 for a 'commemorative' shirt. My we have arrived in the bigtime. All those loyal wet years of supporting the club at Withdean will soon be long forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here