Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Is that £2m worth potentially damaging our prospects for next season/long term quite badly?

I think it is far more important that the club deal with this in the proper fashion, than go for a quick fix which could hurt us in the future. I just trust Bloom, Barber and the board to do what is right for the club.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
No - if the club were very confident he was in breach of contract they would've sacked him for breach of contract from the outset and then he would appeal it if it was incorrect.

No, you have to follow laid down employment procedures whatever the breeches. If they dont whether are right or wrong about the breeches not following procedure will result in court case they will lose. You follow the rules whatever or pay the price. Gone are the days when you say here are your cards now #### off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sorry. At what point did we lose Ulloa, Buckley, Orlandi, Bridcutt, LuaLua, Bruno, Calderon, Greer and Kusczsak?

I missed have missed the part where didn't have a good team any more.

We lost any (small) chance of getting Bridge, we've probably lost Upson, and David and El Abd (one team man) are currently wavering. It's also quite possible we'd have 1-2 deals done for new players if Gus was still in charge.

To suggest this hasn't damaged us at all is daft.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No - if the club were very confident he was in breach of contract they would've sacked him for breach of contract from the outset and then he would appeal it if it was incorrect.

Completely wrong. If they had just fired him from the outset without following the correct process Poyet would have had a very strong unfair dismissal case.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Agreed. All based on "not liking him". Quite childish really.
I base mine on the fact if it was just the club trying to avoid paying him off, the club would not /and can not/ and never would get away with that, so they would have just sacked him like I said in a post 15 minutes ago. But I notice no one wanted to discuss that point!!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't know why you're bothering to debate it with them. They only think it because they want Gus gone, regardless of what has gone on.

That is simply NOT true. I want Gus gone for good reason. If you care to review my earlier posts, you will see that I trust Tony and my source close to the top of the club. Unfortunately, in the current situation, there is no way I can provide detail, even via PM.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think it is far more important that the club deal with this in the proper fashion, than go for a quick fix which could hurt us in the future. I just trust Bloom, Barber and the board to do what is right for the club.

What is your trust in Barber based on?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
But again you are not putting your hand in your pocket. Bloom currently writes a cheque for 8m to cover losses plus 20m odd for training ground. Maybe he does not want to pay the extra 2m to someone who he feels has breeches his contract.

I agree though about next season, but easy for us to say, not our money

I am sure if all these people who want Gus to walk away with another 2.5mill in his bank would all be happy to pay another £110 on their season tickets this year.
With 23k ST Holders that should just about cover it.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'm not talking from my point of view. I'm talking from the clubs'. It is very damaging for THEM, for this to be dragged out for so long.

By this time in three weeks we may have a new manager, a handfull of good new signings, and saved £2m. Will i have been that harmful if this happens?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Completely wrong. If they had just fired him from the outset without following the correct process Poyet would have had a very strong unfair dismissal case.

No he wouldn't if they were as confident as others have said that he IS in breach of contract. Then they could've put a new manager in and we could've got on with strengthening the team while Gus appeals his sacking.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
By this time in three weeks we may have a new manager, a handfull of good new signings, and saved £2m. Will i have been that harmful if this happens?

Well we've already missed out on 2-3 players by the sounds of it, so it could be yes.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
That is obvious. It's also just as obvious that the LMA think they don't. There are no clear breaches of contract though or he'd be gone about 3/4 weeks ago now.
NO HE WOULD NOT. They have to follow procedures in cases like this. :wozza:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Close season then. El Abd and David would've signed new deals by now and we quite possibly would've heard of other new deals coming in by now if Gus was in charge.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks it's nothing but holidays during the summer, and who thinks that this - entirely self-inflicted, lest we forget - fiasco won't have a detrimental impact on the pitch next season has got their head so far up their own backside they can count the cornflakes they had for breakfast.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pathetic allegation there.

Oh, so it's just a MASSIVE coincidence that those on your side of the fence are almost ALL the EXACT same people who have always complained about his style of play.

Not born yesterday mate.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Wrong! They have to follow due process.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Exactly. Anyone who thinks it's nothing but holidays during the summer, and who thinks that this - entirely self-inflicted, lest we forget - fiasco won't have a detrimental impact on the pitch next season has got their head so far up their own backside they can count the cornflakes they had for breakfast.

I have it on good authority the reason Adam hasn't signed is nothing to do with who the manager is.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm sorry. At what point did we lose Ulloa, Buckley, Orlandi, Bridcutt, LuaLua, Bruno, Calderon, Greer and Kusczsak?

I missed have missed the part where didn't have a good team any more.

I'm glad at least one other person has a sense of reality on here! We've only lost Bridge, and I don't think we had a realistic chance of him signing permanently unless we got promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here