Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is a legal matter, not the x factor. It isnt about winning a public war its about winning a contractual argument. I know public opinion is more important for a football club than it is in most businesses, but the public don't vote on the outcome.

Most fans I am sure believe his position is untenable. Whether it is because of what he said, or because he may have breached his contract or because even if he hasn't, its impossible for him to come back to work for us. Saying nothing wouldn't have changed this. It certainly wouldn't have caused the lma to make their comment.

We know the public don't vote on the outcome. That is just so condescending. The point is, as you seem to admit, the public's views ARE important. So the club quite rightly put the record straight re the LMA's (allegedly!) inaccurate and unfair statement. They also stated that Poyet didn't turn up to his scheduled hearing, which is a fact, admittedly with a statement that was posturing. It seems that the LMA response, also posturing, merits minor criticism from you, but the club's statements merit a diatribe. I have to ask myself 'why'? What is your agenda here?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
it could have been considerably less than this lot is going to cost if Gus comes out on the right side.
as I said before Tony is a gambler but this is one hell of a punt
My reckoning is that Poyet would be on about £20k a week, so a two year payout would be around the £2m mark. If Poyet has broken the terms of his contract and we can bin him without paying it, that is a hell of a saving. I can't blame the club for trying, as FFP would have been tight without all of this mess. Its a shame this couldn't have been worked out without all the animosity, Gus did us proud as a manager.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
which IMHO is what they should have done in the first place if they did not want him as manager of the club and paid him off.
Instead they now this fiasco and if they lose this case even more of a fiasco on played out in public and they still have to pay out.

I know Tony is a gambler but thats one hell of a punt to take

NOT if the club are on solid ground. Why are you still struggling with this?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think people are a little bit unclear what 'transparent' in the legal process means. It does not mean telling everyone every scrap of information and every step. What it means all the hoops that need to got through are done openly and clearly, that when information is shared between the two sides it is done openly. It does not mean telling the fans and the media what is going on and giving up every scrap of info. From what I've seen over the last five weeks this 'transparency' could be called into question.

So, please re-read my above statement in THAT light and also bear in mind that I made no accusations. I said I was 'very worried'

It is just an opinion... have we got to the point where we have to shoot down every opinion? For the sake of our club can we agree to disagree and stop flinging mud at each other. It's almost as if some people are getting some fun out of this.

'From what you've seen' means jack sh*t because the process doesn't involve you. How do you know the club haven't been transparent? People are only jumping to that conclusion because they haven't had enough to satisfy their own curiosity. For all we know, the club may well have been total transparent with regard to the procedures but only with those involved.

I am sure he would have if offered a pay-off, I don't thing Gus is that unreasonable
now we have to wait for the excuse the pun shite to hit the fan and I am sure it will not be going only one way

All comes down to what the pay-off is. If the remainder of his contract is £2.5m then you are saying that, irrespective of any alleged breach of contract we are £5m down on the deal (£2.5 comp from any new club that employ him). That's one massive chunk out of our playing budget.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
cant help thinking Barber is an autocrat on a power trip. He is the CEO the top of the tree in the day to day running of the club and this shambles is his responsibility.

Is the club coming before his ego?

Seriously, stop. Barber's very difficult brief is to manage down the club's losses. You THINK he has a huge ego. You THINK he is on a power trip. You THINK the current situation is a shambles. The irony is that the biggest ego in our club is about to correctly be shown the door. Meanwhile, Barber will carry on his NECESSARY (if unpalatable) work.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There was literally no need to mention that in the public statement on Monday especially as a) the 'facts' as you term them were clearly not universally accepted and b) there was no need for the public to be aware of this

Yes the lma statement was narrow but that's not the matter in hand.

Of course the alleged inaccuracies of the LMA statement ARE the matter in hand! Why are you so transparently anti- OUR club? Or is that so pro-Gus and the LMA?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Seriously, stop. Barber's very difficult brief is to manage down the club's losses. You THINK he has a huge ego. You THINK he is on a power trip. You THINK the current situation is a shambles. The irony is that the biggest ego in our club is about to correctly be shown the door. Meanwhile, Barber will carry on his NECESSARY (if unpalatable) work.

Do you get 'Barber' written across the back of your replica top mate!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This reminds me of dreadful anti-trade union statements from union busting firms like Virgin etc. Stinks. Gus also stinks a bit at the moment but he has the right to be part of an association, which should be able to make a statement on his behalf.

But not an inaccurate or unfair one.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
seriously, stop. Barber's very difficult brief is to manage down the club's losses. You think he has a huge ego. You think he is on a power trip. You think the current situation is a shambles. the irony is that the biggest ego in our club is about to correctly be shown the door. meanwhile, barber will carry on his necessary (if unpalatable) work.

You THINK.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am sure he would have if offered a pay-off, I don't thing Gus is that unreasonable
now we have to wait for the excuse the pun shite to hit the fan and I am sure it will not be going only one way

It's so nice of you to offer so much of Tony's / the club's money to Gus so that he may leave. Thereby also missing out on any compensation due to our club from any other clubs interested in Gus' services (where are they?). Or perhaps we should just follow the correct procedure to force him out?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Do you get 'Barber' written across the back of your replica top mate!

LoL! No. I'm not his biggest fan. Certainly don't like all of his money-making schemes, but I also don't like unfounded character assassinations.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You THINK.

I think Gus has admirably demonstrated his HUGE ego via his MASSIVE mouth. Some on here seem to think that him putting himself above the club is acceptable. I don't.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
You are so right. DOn't worry. When this is all over there are going to be some serious cleaning up to be done on NSC as there is going to be big eggs falling of a lot of faces on here!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Again, you seem to be missing the point that the club ARE following due process to get Gus out as quickly as possible.

Eh? No they aren't? The "as quickly as possible" route would've been just to pay up his contract and fire him. Managers get fired all the time, it's a very simple, uncomplicated process.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Why would we pay of Poyet?

I interested to know what reason you have for wanting the club to pay off Gus Poyet?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some on here seem to think that him putting himself above the club is acceptable. I don't.

COMPLETELY depends on whether the club have grounds to fire him. We still don't know that they do.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why would we pay of Poyet?

I interested to know what reason you have for wanting the club to pay off Gus Poyet?

If they want to get rid of him, and don't have a genuine breach of contract, then that is the ONLY option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here