[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The lma only responded to the clubs ham fisted statement on Monday that the hearing commenced and Gus failed to attend. As @drew says. This was an unnecessary comment.

The lma gave a selective bit of information in their statement. The clubs repost gives no further specifics just that its inaccurate and unfair.

I personally don't want to know the ins and outs of this. I just want it sorted in the most expedient and dignified manner for ALL concerned.

Wtf is ham fisted about stating the facts as they happened you fool? ........ LMA statement was subjective and is rightfully open to criticism..... Amazingly narrow view you have.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Wtf is ham fisted about stating the facts as they happened you fool? ........ LMA statement was subjective and is rightfully open to criticism..... Amazingly narrow view you have.

both statements from both parties have their faults. I felt the club one was vague on purpose to cause debate about the reasons and could have been worded differently or not released at all

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

There was literally no need to mention that in the public statement on Monday especially as a) the 'facts' as you term them were clearly not universally accepted and b) there was no need for the public to be aware of this

Yes the lma statement was narrow but that's not the matter in hand.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
cant help thinking Barber is an autocrat on a power trip. He is the CEO the top of the tree in the day to day running of the club and this shambles is his responsibility.

Is the club coming before his ego?

Do you think Tony Bloom would allow this to happen to his club.
Just like he wouldnt let the Gus scenario happen to his club.
Anyone that thinks that he would invest the amount of money that he has, and then let either Gus or Barber turn everything to rat shit is very foolish IMHO.
I am sure that he has his hands fully on the rudder with both these situations.
I wou

Aug 23, 2011
Anyone that thinks that he would invest the amount of money that he has, and then let either Gus or Barber turn everything to rat shit is very foolish IMHO.
I wou

has Bloom let this happen or has an allegation been made that he (the club) is legally bound to follow through with. Who knows whats going on but if both parties feel they have enough evidence to argue their case then there is little that can be done but follow correct procedure and to go through the motions. You can't stop halfway and go "oh this makes us look bad lets stop". I get the feeling its more serious than people think and not just about Gus having career aspirations

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I wou

Spot on in my opinion. For what it's worth (not much) I get the feeling (I am hoping) that what the LMA put out was directly from Poyet and his people. The club clearly feel that this is BS and stated so. I really doubt they would have done this if what the LMA said was true. The bottom line is who the F knows, I just hope we have some closure by Thursday evening but I fear it may drag on!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think people are a little bit unclear what 'transparent' in the legal process means. It does not mean telling everyone every scrap of information and every step. What it means all the hoops that need to got through are done openly and clearly, that when information is shared between the two sides it is done openly. It does not mean telling the fans and the media what is going on and giving up every scrap of info. From what I've seen over the last five weeks this 'transparency' could be called into question.

So, please re-read my above statement in THAT light and also bear in mind that I made no accusations. I said I was 'very worried'

It is just an opinion... have we got to the point where we have to shoot down every opinion? For the sake of our club can we agree to disagree and stop flinging mud at each other. It's almost as if some people are getting some fun out of this.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
How much do you think the payoff would have been? He still has two years left on his contract and we wouldn't be paying him buttons. I'm pretty sure that this approach is as a direct result of the new FFP rules. Championship clubs have been forced into being more creative with how they handle finances, and a big payoff could push us into the big FFP fines.

The club may lose the case, we may have lost preparation time BUT I'm glad that they are fighting tooth and nail for this.

it could have been considerably less than this lot is going to cost if Gus comes out on the right side.
as I said before Tony is a gambler but this is one hell of a punt

Aug 23, 2011
it could have been considerably less than this lot is going to cost if Gus comes out on the right side.
as I said before Tony is a gambler but this is one hell of a punt

i don't think it has anything to do with gambling. You don't gamble with serious things like this because if you haven't the proof then you can get it in the neck in a counter strike of defamation of character/loss of earnings.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
This reminds me of dreadful anti-trade union statements from union busting firms like Virgin etc. Stinks. Gus also stinks a bit at the moment but he has the right to be part of an association, which should be able to make a statement on his behalf.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This reminds me of dreadful anti-trade union statements from union busting firms like Virgin etc. Stinks. Gus also stinks a bit at the moment but he has the right to be part of an association, which should be able to make a statement on his behalf.

...but that statement is alleged to be incorrect by the other side, surely they are allowed a response on behalf of the club.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
i don't think it has anything to do with gambling. You don't gamble with serious things like this because if you haven't the proof then you can get it in the neck in a counter strike of defamation of character/loss of earnings.

exactly so

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
spot on SCS
I was on about the club being transparent in their dealing about this right at the start (and I got flamed) and the damage to the club could be immense not only money wise but support wise as well ,Tony built this club along with the supporters and was going very well until this mess that will take some time to get over
what the hell was wrong with doing this behind closed doors quickly quietly
you have done a good job here mate thank you goodbye

surely the cost of all this is going to be more than any pay-off and my fear is that if the club do lose this there will be something akin to a bomb explosion within the game and more particularly the Amex

Again, you seem to be missing the point that the club ARE following due process to get Gus out as quickly as possible. You can't just say, "here's your P45 and a golden handshake", and assume Gus will happily walk away. Quickly and quietly was never a valid option.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Again, you seem to be missing the point that the club ARE following due process to get Gus out as quickly as possible. You can't just say, "here's your P45 and a golden handshake", and assume Gus will happily walk away. Quickly and quietly was never a valid option.

I am sure he would have if offered a pay-off, I don't thing Gus is that unreasonable
now we have to wait for the excuse the pun shite to hit the fan and I am sure it will not be going only one way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports