Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

nick65

Jun 9, 2013
New Jersey
Let me explain. The LMA made a provocative, and in OUR club's view, inaccurate and unfair, statement. You seem to think they should just let that go. I think they are right to fight back, and fight back hard IF they are on firm ground with their accusatory response. I trust our club, TB, the board. You clearly don't. We'll see who is right.

This 100%. I don't get why people have a problem with the club's statement. IMO it shows they're not prepared to roll over and be bullied by anyone.
Having said that it needs to stop here for now. If the LMA come back with another statement, I hope the club will ignore it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wow! What a balanced assessment. Why not stop, think, then post. Why do you assume the LMA's statement was accurate and fair? And the club's is childish? Seriously, just think.

Again, you ASSUME Gus is innocent, that the club are in the wrong, or why would the entire football management community automatically side with him? Step 1 Engage brain. Step 2 Post.

And why do you assume the club can do no wrong ? To alter one of your posts - you might want to take your head out of Bloom's backside !

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Not if the case against the LMA is good.

Maybe but I do feel saying we'll sue you sounds a bit childish and undermines their statement a bit. Also they aren't likely to take action for a bit of minor libel/ disagreement in interpretation surely? That would really be a waste of time and money

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The phrase when you're in a hole, stop digging, comes to mind.

The club should just stop making itself look so foolish.

Foolish in who's eyes? Yours maybe, but then you are so biased against the club, its chairman, and board already. Not foolish in my eyes and, it appears, many others. Suggest you wait until Thu when your boy is going down (hopefully!).

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
On what basis do you make such a stupid statement? It looks to be handled very well from what I can see. It will not rumble on for years like Charlton and Curbs.

You're living in dreamland if you think this won't now rumble on for years. By going down the road they've chosen, the club have opened themselves up to all manor of legal disputes, claims and counter-claims ALL of which will involve solicitors and legal advisers.

The alternative option would have been this... be man enough to ignore whatever the club think Gus has done wrong. Wait by the phone until Dave Whealan phones, and then agree to terminate Gus' contract for a small amount of compensation enabling all parties to reach the desired outcome. We could and should be getting excited about a new manager and some new signings by now.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
This 100%. I don't get why people have a problem with the club's statement. IMO it shows they're not prepared to roll over and be bullied by anyone.
Having said that it needs to stop here for now. If the LMA come back with another statement, I hope the club will ignore it.

I'm sure they will, unless the LMA blacken the good name of Brighton & Hove Albion by making false allegations again

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Foolish in who's eyes? Yours maybe, but then you are so biased against the club, its chairman, and board already. Not foolish in my eyes and, it appears, many others. Suggest you wait until Thu when your boy is going down (hopefully!).

You don't sound as confident as you have previously, has your super source given you doubts?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Beggars belief that some people are trying to use this as a reason to have a go at Barber. There really are some morons on this website.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We need to wind it in a bit. It is all a bit billy big bollocks now. For the love of God, let this FARCE end NOW !

THat would just make us look weak.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
So lets look at the chronology:

Club sources leak last Thursday that a meeting will take place on Friday. Same club sources brief on Friday that meeting not happening as gus hasn't turned up.

Turns put he's on holiday and no meeting was due to take place.

Monday, club issues what can at best be described as an inflamatory statement. Lma so upset by what they see as an inaccurate and unfair statement they respond and selectively address points.

Tuesday, club so upset by lma statement it issues a further statement saying lma statement is unfair and inaccurate and then raise the anti by saying they reserve their right to take action against lma. Note the club (unlike the lma statement) doesn't raise any specifics that are unfair or inaccurate. Was it all of it or part of it? How important was the 'part'?

Am I the only one here who thinks that this isn't fulfilling what a good comms strategy normally sets out to achieve? Assuming we have one here.

Good post.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In your opinion.

Eh? Of course it's my opinion if I post it?!!! Bit of an odd reply of honest - that's my opinion too :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is the first time you've acknowledged Gus has done a good job. Well done.

Nowhere near the first. But well done for recognising my recognition (finally!).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
They don't need to fight back though. It's a waste of energy. An unnecessary side show.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Many fans seemed to take the LMA statement as gospel. The last thing the club needs going into Thu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here