Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
looking after the interest would be saying to the manager we don't like you and what you are doing golden hand shake goodbye
"the club and Mr Poyet have decided to go our separate ways thank you "
is that not easier than this fiasco

And just spunk money up the wall on a disloyal, unappreciative, egotistical, self-centred, self-deluded soon-to-be-ex manager. And, yes, he has achieved some great successes WITH fantastic support from his chairman and board.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
if nothing else , this fiasco has turned supporter against supporter......shame.

Unlikely scenario, but I wonder what will happen if Gus is still in charge come August? Half the crowd cheering him, half the crowd jeering. Could get proper nasty. Hopefully everything will be resolved by then.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
To be absolutely clear to all fans, the price rises in STs, tickets, membership schemes, overpriced club shop tat, booking fees, parking charges, 'admin' charges etc will be funding corporate lawyers around £300/hour to come up with this stuff, never mind the 500 pages of 'evidence'.

This is what we have come to, ffs.

PG

So you just want the club to crumple and give Gus what he wants but doesn't deserve?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
And just spunk money up the wall on a disloyal, unappreciative, egotistical, self-centred, self-deluded soon-to-be-ex manager. And, yes, he has achieved some great successes WITH fantastic support from his chairman and board.

This is the first time you've acknowledged Gus has done a good job. Well done.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It would be more beneficial for everyone if you remained on topic by debating any points you disagree with, rather than making petulant insults like that.

I am eagerly anticipating reading why you think making this statement is a shrewd move by the club, because I genuinely can't see it.

Let me explain. The LMA made a provocative, and in OUR club's view, inaccurate and unfair, statement. You seem to think they should just let that go. I think they are right to fight back, and fight back hard IF they are on firm ground with their accusatory response. I trust our club, TB, the board. You clearly don't. We'll see who is right.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Let me explain. The LMA made a provocative, and in OUR club's view, inaccurate and unfair, statement. You seem to think they should just let that go. I think they are right to fight back, and fight back hard IF they are on firm ground with their accusatory response. I trust our club, TB, the board. You clearly don't. We'll see who is right.

They don't need to fight back though. It's a waste of energy. An unnecessary side show.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Unlikely scenario, but I wonder what will happen if Gus is still in charge come August? Half the crowd cheering him, half the crowd jeering. Could get proper nasty. Hopefully everything will be resolved by then.

I can't see too many people sticking up for Gus though, either now or then. Just because I think the club is making an utter fool of itself pretty much at every step at the moment (and that's putting it mildly) says nothing about Poyet's behaviour, which has also been appalling.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
When will it end? I don't understand why the club would release this statement. Surely they could have dealt with this directly with the LMA.

And leave the public with the impression the LMA are being fair and accurate when the club believe the opposite. I think not. How weak would that be?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What has that gained exactly? What was the point?

Who is running communications at the Albion? It's madness. Perhaps they sacked the communications department last week?

It's put the record straight from the club's perspective. Although many seem to have swallowed the LMA's propaganda hook, line and sinker.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Great - the best come back is always to stamp one's feet and shout "IT'S NOT FAIR" !!!!! How old are Barber / Bloom - six years old ?

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Wow! What a balanced assessment. Why not stop, think, then post. Why do you assume the LMA's statement was accurate and fair? And the club's is childish? Seriously, just think.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
And leave the public with the impression the LMA are being fair and accurate when the club believe the opposite. I think not. How weak would that be?

It's really quite simple: In any context, a totally over-aggressive response such as this one clearly demonstrates nothing so much as that the truth has hurt. Whereas if they'd kept their big litigation-threatening trap shut, it wouldn't have.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not at all, I'm half convinced that :tosser: he quoted is actually Poyet himself.

You could be right Husty. Maybe Poyet is posting as we speak.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I think it's time we parted company with both Barber and Gus. This whole episode has been handled appallingly.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think it's time we parted company with both Barber and Gus. This whole episode has been handled appallingly.

I can't see any other way out of this mess other than this.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gus is gone. Barber, I doubt it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here