Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] New Churchill Square vaccination centre opens today....and closes due to protesters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An acquaintance recently posted on social media that the vaccine is poisonous and anyone that is double jabbed dies after 3 months. When I pointed out the over 70s were all double jabbed by Easter and they're mainly still about he blocked me. Irony is he does more gear than anyone I know and will happily snort any white powder going, no matter how stepped on it is.

*EDIT*

Actually that reminds me of the other big anti-vax group I know (or know of): stoners. The more stoned they are, the more anti-vax they are. Skunk has got a lot to answer for.

Funny you should mention that.

The vehement anti vax parents and offspring I know are all big Cannabis users.

Anti pharma, but pro tar-ridden respiratory systems.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Seriously mate, cry off. Don't go. Nip outside and let your own tyres down if necessary.

A couple of folk in my circle have had to drop a close pal or even a relative for Covidiocy. Accomodating well-meaning fools can be acceptable but not when it risks life.

Friends across the road had 2 relatives round last week, found out they had no jabs and did not want them.
They were made to eat their dinner in the back garden.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Friends across the road had 2 relatives round last week, found out they had no jabs and did not want them.
They were made to eat their dinner in the back garden.

Top work. A shame it wasn't raining.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well done. You win Pompous Idiot of the Week AGAIN. You might as well keep the trophy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are very few things in this world that you can rely on but London Irish spouting pompous bollocks is one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I drove out of Canterbury this afternoon and noticed a banner hanging under a bridge over the A20. I couldn't read the whole banner but I did clearly read 'Leave our kids alone'. I cannot know for sure whether this is an anti vaccine banner, but I can't think what else it might be? An anti school protest? Hmmm....

Just read up about Kate Shemirani, her links to 'SUN' and Mark Steele. I note about Steele "In 2019, he was photographed with a member of the English Defence League, a far-right, Islamophobic organization in the United Kingdom".

Shemirani is a raving anti semite, racist critic of the US Democrats.....look her up on Wikipedia.

I see where we are going here.

Well quite, Shemirani is a QAnon propagandist. This is the kind of discussion I thought we would have (not the usual NSC beef), exposing these Far Right links, they provide key activists, the social media organisation and that well worn fascist anti Establishment ideology that can attract the unwary of any politics whether left right or centre

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Funny you should mention that.

The vehement anti vax parents and offspring I know are all big Cannabis users.

Anti pharma, but pro tar-ridden respiratory systems.

A girl I knew on the clubbing scene back in the 90s wouldn't take paracetamol if she got a headache because it was "big pharma" and yet would ram all sorts of untested, highly cut illegal drugs down herself every weekend. She's also a vegan and has high hopes that her unvaccinated child will travel the world, where he'll be at risk of just about every deadly disease going.

But there is more than one "type". Like Raleigh Chopper I have a sister in law whose second husband is madder than several cut snakes. The poor bloke served his country in Afghanistan and now has PTSD and partial deafness. Since coming out of the Army, he's taken a keen interest in odd parts of the internet and has adopted every single conspiracy trope there is. Chemtrails? Yep. 9-11 staged? Yep. Moon landing never happened? It - and I quote - "obviously never happened if you do your research". And, guess what? They came to see us soon after the lockdown first ended in spring and the first thing they both come out with is that they're "not convinced" about the vaccine and "need to see more evidence".

Frankly, if it's a toss up between those three being there yesterday and Millwall's firm, I know who my money's on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A girl I knew on the clubbing scene back in the 90s wouldn't take paracetamol if she got a headache because it was "big pharma" and yet would ram all sorts of untested, highly cut illegal drugs down herself every weekend. She's also a vegan and has high hopes that her unvaccinated child will travel the world, where he'll be at risk of just about every deadly disease going.

But there is more than one "type". Like Raleigh Chopper I have a sister in law whose second husband is madder than several cut snakes. The poor bloke served his country in Afghanistan and now has PTSD and partial deafness. Since coming out of the Army, he's taken a keen interest in odd parts of the internet and has adopted every single conspiracy trope there is. Chemtrails? Yep. 9-11 staged? Yep. Moon landing never happened? It - and I quote - "obviously never happened if you do your research". And, guess what? They came to see us soon after the lockdown first ended in spring and the first thing they both come out with is that they're "not convinced" about the vaccine and "need to see more evidence".

Frankly, if it's a toss up between those three being there yesterday and Millwall's firm, I know who my money's on.

We know it’s a wide spectrum of folk who are aggressively anti-vax. Living in this particular conurbation gives us a good insight to that. It’s really not the same as the rednecks in the Rust-belt who seem to dominate anti-vax in the US. I found an interesting online article about the propensity for Greens in the UK and elsewhere to be big on anti science and anti Covid vaccines. As suspected, they dominate with the far right.

But didn’t want the deliberate hijacking of this thread by those who’d love it to become just another nsc Right v Left borefest, to continue.

Here’s hoping :smile:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It's selfish, pointless and I don't think it has anything to do with politics. What grown adults choose to do is up to them, they either want the jab or they don't. Pushing views onto others to the point that the vaccine centre has to be closed so the choice is taken away from them, is simply wrong. It will discredit their cause, even if I'm not actually sure what their cause is in this instance.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I drove out of Canterbury this afternoon and noticed a banner hanging under a bridge over the A20. I couldn't read the whole banner but I did clearly read 'Leave our kids alone'. I cannot know for sure whether this is an anti vaccine banner, but I can't think what else it might be? An anti school protest? Hmmm....
Are you sure it was a banner or just another brick in the wall?..... I'll get my coat

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We know it’s a wide spectrum of folk who are aggressively anti-vax. Living in this particular conurbation gives us a good insight to that. It’s really not the same as the rednecks in the Rust-belt who seem to dominate anti-vax in the US. I found an interesting online article about the propensity for Greens in the UK and elsewhere to be big on anti science and anti Covid vaccines. As suspected, they dominate with the far right.

But didn’t want the deliberate hijacking of this thread by those who’d love it to become just another nsc Right v Left borefest, to continue.

Here’s hoping :smile:

Indeed.

I'm really not sure who has organised the British antivax protests. If London Irish says it's the 'fash' then fine, it's the fash, I'm not debating the point. Regardless of who the organisers are though they certainly have bipartisan support, because like others on here the antivaxxers of my acquaintance are all left-of-centre. Indeed if I know what someone's beliefs were in the 'old days' I pretty much know what their stance on vaccines will be. Old-school anti-MMR types are obviously opposed, as are a lot (but not all) of those who are into alternative medicine, crystal healing and stuff like that. Sadly though I know some active Green/XR people who are also vehemently anti-vax. One couple, who have done climate change demos, have also done at least one anti-vax protest.

There is a difference though between anti-lockdown and anti-vax. Whilst there probably is some level of crossover the two protesters I mentioned wouldn't have gone on an anti-lockdown rally any more than they would have gone on an EDL march.

But yeah, it would be great if we could concentrate on how we combat these people and their misinformed, poisonous ideas as opposed to arguing whether anti-vax is left wing or right wing.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
The sad thing is, if these people had been causing the same distress at a football match, batons would have been out in seconds and they would have been frog marched away.

Perhaps football hooligans need to rebrand themselves as (for example) Anti-Palace protestors expressing their right to prevent youngsters from being forced to watch that shower of shit against their will.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed.

I'm really not sure who has organised the British antivax protests. If London Irish says it's the 'fash' then fine, it's the fash, I'm not debating the point. Regardless of who the organisers are though they certainly have bipartisan support, because like others on here the antivaxxers of my acquaintance are all left-of-centre. Indeed if I know what someone's beliefs were in the 'old days' I pretty much know what their stance on vaccines will be. Old-school anti-MMR types are obviously opposed, as are a lot (but not all) of those who are into alternative medicine, crystal healing and stuff like that. Sadly though I know some active Green/XR people who are also vehemently anti-vax. One couple, who have done climate change demos, have also done at least one anti-vax protest.

There is a difference though between anti-lockdown and anti-vax. Whilst there probably is some level of crossover the two protesters I mentioned wouldn't have gone on an anti-lockdown rally any more than they would have gone on an EDL march.

But yeah, it would be great if we could concentrate on how we combat these people and their misinformed, poisonous ideas as opposed to arguing whether anti-vax is left wing or right wing.

That’s exactly my real world experience of the fanatical anti-vaxers. An most unlikely alliance of new age or left leaning or hippy anti-science devotees, and Alt Right ********s who follow all the antisemitic conspiracy fiction from the US.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I blame the social media phenomenon. I've seen so much bs about the vaccine, including glowing arms after the innoculation, to tracking chips, it's laughable. For the record, im politically to the left of Lenin, and have smoked weed daily since 79.

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
I blame the social media phenomenon. I've seen so much bs about the vaccine, including glowing arms after the innoculation, to tracking chips, it's laughable. For the record, im politically to the left of Lenin, and have smoked weed daily since 79.

Would you accept that pregnant women and people on other medications, and those with auto immune deseases might have a problem with the jab as little if any trials have been done on this to test interactions etc? Or is this all bs too?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Would you accept that pregnant women and people on other medications, and those with auto immune deseases might have a problem with the jab as little if any trials have been done on this to test interactions etc? Or is this all bs too?

I would expect them to take medical advice from qualified medical practitioners and not an idiot on social media and prevent people who want to take it
How many pregnant women, auto immune sufferers were on the demonstration?
Are glowing arms or global chipping not bs?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yes, that is all bullshit as well. There have been numerous posts on here from knowledgeable posters about the rigours of the trials and the licensing hurdles gone through. I am not going to repeat as it is all available for you to research. Of course undermining all of this is a part of the anti vaxxer strategy as is ignoring answers to questions such as this and indeed the science itself. Is that the reason for your question?

BenGarfield

Feb 22, 2019
crawley
I would expect them to take medical advice from qualified medical practitioners and not an idiot on social media and prevent people who want to take it
How many pregnant women, auto immune sufferers were on the demonstration?
Are glowing arms or global chipping not bs?

Global chipping and glowing arms are probably bs- but I worry that the anti-vaxer smear is used against anyone with misgivings about the efficacy or safety of the vaccines on scientific grounds not because of what is percieved as wacky far out notions. Also, the problem for people who suffer from auto immune disease, or who are unable to take the vaccines for other reasons, including ethical ones, is that as the trials are not complete medical advice could differ between one medical professional and another as the research simply has not been done yet so they want to wait until the full data is in. Meanwhile with vaccine passports being mandated they become excluded from activities that they once previously enjoyed - e.g. football.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Global chipping and glowing arms are probably bs- but I worry that the anti-vaxer smear is used against anyone with misgivings about the efficacy or safety of the vaccines on scientific grounds not because of what is percieved as wacky far out notions. Also, the problem for people who suffer from auto immune disease, or who are unable to take the vaccines for other reasons, including ethical ones, is that as the trials are not complete medical advice could differ between one medical professional and another as the research simply has not been done yet so they want to wait until the full data is in. Meanwhile with vaccine passports being mandated they become excluded from activities that they once previously enjoyed - e.g. football.

There is no probably bs about it.

It is my understanding that those who are unable to have the vaccine due to medical issues will be given a waver. So that isn’t a valid argument.

What ethical argument is there for not having a vaccine? I trust that those who ethically don’t want it will also refrain from taking all other medication that has gone through the same rigorous testing that the vaccines have.
I find it depressing the number of people on these marches that happily use vapes or smoke but won’t have the vaccine because it’s putting something unnatural in their bodies. These people are the reason why ‘may contain nuts’ warnings are put on packets of peanuts.

I know of one guy (used to be in the mob) who hates needles and uses this as an excuse not to have the jab. He’s covered in tats …….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here