Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Chief Scout appointed: Ewan Chester

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Finally the scouting network will have their say , these are the blokes who go to watch games at all levels up and down the country and see first hand players we're tracking. When Burke was in charge , all their scouting reports were binned or ignored in favour of his own list compiled from the data on FM2013 and DVD footage. :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Finally the scouting network will have their say , these are the blokes who go to watch games at all levels up and down the country and see first hand players we're tracking. When Burke was in charge , all their scouting reports were binned or ignored in favour of his own list compiled from the data on FM2013 and DVD footage. :lol:

And you could see that from Grimsby, could you? You state it like it's a fact...

Back on the subject, I thought I'd heard the name Ewan Chester before. I read Michael Calvin's The Nowhere Men recently, which bills itself as "the unknown story of football's true talent spotters". It's all about the scouts who do the work behind the scenes. There's a fair bit of Albion interest in it anyway, but it also features a few pages about Ewan Chester, along with Jamie Johnson, who I had no idea was connected with the Albion until I read this Chester story.

It's interesting stuff, if you fancy a bit of a non-standard football read. Well written, and with a few tales to tell. Particularly from Barry Lloyd.

(As an aside, Jamie Johnson's old man, Mel- Liverpool's chief scout until November- describes Lewis Dunk thus: "Stuart [Pearce] had him in his Under 21 squad but I don't fancy him at all. I will still keep watching him, because he's young and a left sided centre half, but he only kicks with his right foot. He's not for me".)

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Look at that Laptop.... jeez, state of the art stuff there! That probably had, like, a meg of memory! And a built in 3.5in floppy disk drive as well!

I think it looks like it's got one of those new-fangled BNC connectors, probably for a Novell NetWare connection. And I do believe it has both 9 pin and 32 pin serial connections and that might even be a Centronics parallel port for his printer. It does look like one of those contraptions they have in 1960s movies with the US president tapping in the nuclear launch codes.

Anyway, yes, welcome Mr Chester. Hopefully they'll sort you out with some decent kit - and Google maps will be better than that globe.

May I suggest that this may not actually be a recent picture?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here