Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New chant last night…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What was the one to the England Harry Kane song?

Looks good looks fine etc…?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That was the Ali Mac song we can’t quite decipher without a 33rpm version…….Manfred Mann (other versions are available) Do wah Diddy
What’s the lyrics?

Usually it’s for a number 9!

Sounds amazing at England games.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The shot they used look like a pensioners coach trip outing.
An inevitable consequence of the Loyalty Points Scheme. My 15 year old son is desperately keen to support the Albion away from home. He can't afford the money or time to do the furthest flung matches. He is almost completely barred from ever being able to follow the Albion away. Tottenham (big allocation) might be a rare chance for him hopefully.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
That was the Ali Mac song we can’t quite decipher without a 33rpm version…….Manfred Mann (other versions are available) Do wah Diddy
so far I have;

something????

scores a goal or two

doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo

he looks good, he looks fine, Ali mac is on my mind

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
so far I have;

something????

scores a goal or two

doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo

he looks good, he looks fine, Ali mac is on my mind
Chasing down defenders scores a goal or two

He looks good, he looks fine, Ali Mac is on my mind and he's Brighton’s Argentine

Don't forget to sing it at a billion miles and hour too

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
This. My son went in the away end for Crawley v Carlisle on Saturday and the vistors serenaded "Super Paul Simpson.. someone at the back, someone in attack, and Carlisle going up the Football League..."
We've got super Paul Simpson, He knows exactly what we need, with Feeney at the back, Dennis in attack, Carlisle's gonna up the football league (y)

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
To be honest a lot of people round us stopped singing when the Ali Mac song was happening, I guess they couldn't work out the words. Didn't stop it being sung again and again at the back, but that's when the atmosphere seemed to drop further forward.

Probably not the best song to lift the team for a low-crowd cup game at stoke with a crap acoustic and quite a few non-regulars - at least until it catches on properly. The more 'teamy' ones that everyone knows might not be very inventive but last night they got the crowd involved more.

I think the more versy ones for individual players catch on better from PL games with the more consistent crowd, like the Caicedo one has... I hope this one will because with that tune it needs lots singing it together to have an impact or it's a bit of a wordy mess.

(And maybe it will pick up better when the player in question is having a better game too)

Jmo

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
An inevitable consequence of the Loyalty Points Scheme. My 15 year old son is desperately keen to support the Albion away from home. He can't afford the money or time to do the furthest flung matches. He is almost completely barred from ever being able to follow the Albion away. Tottenham (big allocation) might be a rare chance for him hopefully.
Has he got a season ticket? If he has he will definitely get there eventually. Need to do the hard miles though. Took my daughter 3 years but now she is comfortably in the top tier.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Couldn't figure the lyrics out last night, but that is rather jolly. I like it. I hope that can take off on saturday, it certainly was a grower at Stoke.
It's a just a rip off of the Harry Kane England song from about a year ago. I like it, but not original.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Another new one - same tune to the Blackpool chant about Charlie Patino..
No idea on the words other than one line "so he said to me.. F**k CPFC"
Anybody know the rest?
Even then they’re singing the wrong words.

The correct version is this which is my reply on the thread.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Stolen from Arsenal I believe, but good effort from the young lads who were trying to get it going!

We’ve got super Robbie Sanchez
We’ve got Mitoma on the wing
Fergie in attack, Dunky at the back
Tony Blooms Blue and White army.

To the tune of ‘bad moon rising’ by Creedance Clearwater Survival
Always reminds me of An American Werewolf in London ( The song, not the lyrics)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I’m sure I recall Worthing fans singing a chant to this tune 4 or 5 years ago.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I went to the Emirates this season my first away game since Wolves away in the championship promotion season. Wolves was ok bumping into a lot of the lads from back in the day on the train. Arsenal I found some of the away support arrogant youngsters telling some aged fans to F off when asked to sit down so they could see the game. I enjoyed the game although didn’t feel that connection like I used to, we all used to look out for each other back in the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here