Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Bruno Muriel

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Looks like Bin Laden after a hair cut.

WTF?!
Bin Laden after a haircut with a chainsaw-look at all the scars ffs.

It needs covering up. Quickly.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's not terrible. Poor artist is getting hammered - some of his other work is quite good as well!
You're right, it isn't terrible-it's f.ucking hideous.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's not quite right, but I'm loathe to criticise something that I wouldn't ever have the skill to do. It must be pretty difficult to get a decent likeness of a person on a canvas that big.
To be fair, knowing you didn't have the skill required to paint a Muriel you simply wouldn't try. Not having the skill didn't prevent the 'artist' from defacing a building.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I hadn't seen this photo of Bruno before. Actually a pretty decent likeness.

Capture.PNG

BrightonTom

Oct 1, 2019
Just a heads up to anyone who didn't see the press release, it isn't finalised, the design was half-finished, with the face needing amendments, so the scaffolding is back up and work is being done at the moment, the launch date is next week. You have to remember that it is a 7.5 metre piece and they can't see it with the sheet up, therefore the final design isn't complete yet.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just a heads up to anyone who didn't see the press release, it isn't finalised, the design was half-finished, with the face needing amendments, so the scaffolding is back up and work is being done at the moment, the launch date is next week. You have to remember that it is a 7.5 metre piece and they can't see it with the sheet up, therefore the final design isn't complete yet.

Thanks @GlimmerTwin32

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

It can only get better..

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Good to know !

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

If it wasn’t finished why take the scaffolding down in the first place or is it going back up as someone has looked at the finished piece and said come back and fix this monstrosity

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear

And breathe......

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just been to take a look in person to see if it was just a poor angle of photo. Seems its being rectified...

20191120_124414.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looking at the other things this artist, "Glimmer Twin", has done - its obvious he is simply not skilled enough for this task. Sure you could talk "the artist interpretation of Bruno" and whatnot to justify its oddities, but truth is... its just plain ugly.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
He is still deficient to the tune of two fingers on his right hand. I mean........c'mon..........four fingers and a thumb is traditional

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just a heads up to anyone who didn't see the press release, it isn't finalised, the design was half-finished, with the face needing amendments, so the scaffolding is back up and work is being done at the moment, the launch date is next week.

No shit Sherlock!

Wonder why the plan was to paint it in a form that needed 'amendments' then take the scaffolding away? Hmmm...................

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Nah I'm not having that. That face isn't blocked in, or roughly done just to check proportions. It's finished.

And now, the scaffolding is back up, it's been whitewashed and being redone.

It's fine, people make mistakes. But I'd be frankly amazed if that was all just part of the creative process....

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No shit Sherlock!

Wonder why the plan was to paint it in a form that needed 'amendments' then take the scaffolding away? Hmmm...................

Hmmmmm indeed. Went summat like this then:-

"I know. Let's paint a muriel of Bruno that looks absolutely nothing like Bruno then take the scaffolding away. Then when everybody sees it and says how totally crap it is, we can put the scaffolding back up and do it properly"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here