Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Brighton Channel? What?

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I think their problem might be there is no appetite for amateurish pish. Look how London Live has done. So pish. It could disappear tomorrow and no one would be any different. It'll be the same thing for this amateurish operation. AS IF they could cover the club better than the club's own YouTube feed.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Local TV is a thing of the past. A relic. National TV can survive because it can reach millions of people a night. How is a local TV station supposed to support anything on audiences of less than .1 rating, which, according to BARB, is no one watching. There is just no money in it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Local TV is a thing of the past. A relic. National TV can survive because it can reach millions of people a night. How is a local TV station supposed to support anything on audiences of less than .1 rating, which, according to BARB, is no one watching. There is just no money in it.

When did we ever have local TV in the Brighton area? It was either Southampton of Maidstone TV,

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I think their problem might be there is no appetite for amateurish pish. Look how London Live has done. So pish. It could disappear tomorrow and no one would be any different. It'll be the same thing for this amateurish operation. AS IF they could cover the club better than the club's own YouTube feed.

Problem is it will always look amateurish if not enough investment and expertise is put into it in the first place. These enterprises are usually run by well meaning amateurs or media graduates with no sticks to rub together. They go belly up very quickly. This station will be no different.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Same with me, but then I get a message saying services will be updated on Freeview on the 3rd September and you will need to retune! Perhaps it will appear then!

As some people have said on here, you won't get it unless you are on whitehawk transmitter. Unfortunately I am on Heathfield so arial pointing in totally different direction. Don't know if there are any plans to transmit from different sources in the future.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Channel 8 from the Whitehawk transmitter is only available to Brighton & Hove plus west into Adur country It's transmission is very low powered whereas the main Freeview channels are sent on much higher power and therefore reach a much wider area.

The revamp of channel numbers on September 3 is a nationwide update and has nothing to do with Channel 8

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This should be helpful although i'd be surprised if the same applied for cable providers, this would just be for aerial freeview.

Attachments

• 1350313540.png
    1350313540.png
    544.8 KB · Views: 209

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The problem is that it's The Latest running the show, rather than an actual production company.

Would they not work in conjunction with a production company.

Unrelated, is that an oystercard pendant in your profile picture?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It'll be the usual Brighton amateur omni shambles. A few community spirited folks mixed with a few desperado wannabes will struggle on with it for a couple of months before realising it won't make them famous, nobody wants to hear about it and they are losing too much money. I reckon. I know a couple of people on it, sort of nutsacks that drink in Lion & Lobster.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

It would be awesome if they can start showing the dev squad games " live from Culver Road", would stop all the buffering issues.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Broadcasting from the Amex til KO then back on at 5. What ****ing use is that? I hate build up to matches so I'm not the least bit interested in watching some amateur dollybird interviewing a load of FKW's on Falmer train platform, then return to them at 5 queuing up for a train.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Sadly can't get it in BN12 (Ferring) - all I get is 'that's solent' which is akin to BBC South with zippo news about the local Championship League Club.

Can't get it in Arundel either. That's Solent for me too. Never get Albion reports on local TV but we do get them for Oxford which is apparently in the south?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I've just had a look on Virgin.
There's a programme about properties on. The world definately needs yet another programme about people tramping around other people's homes.

I'll try later, in the optimistic expectation that something good might come on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here