Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Bicycle

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
How about one of these? A Dutch ID Filibus. Not only will it get you to work but you could save even more money using it for your
weekly shop.
And i got one for sale as soon as i get my Long John Cargo Bike.

Attachments

• imgres.jpeg
    imgres.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 91

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right as the mountain wont move to Mohammed...

1 - You must love the bike you buy, you will ride it more if it makes you smile (I'm being serious)
2 - What ever sort of riding select the appropriate bike, in your case road, that means:-
A light bike.
A rigid bike.
A responsive bike.
A comfortable bike.
The tyres need to be thin and reasonably or completely slick.
3 - Cheapest doesn't mean VFM.
I believe you are looking at around £300 - £400 upwards for a flat bar hybrid and £550+ for a road bike. Below that mark will be throwing money away.
4 - Try and buy from a Local Bike Shop because they will look after you for ever more.
The exception being [MENTION=8459]TWOCHOICEStom[/MENTION] Boardman from Halfords, they are the best value specced bikes on the market.
The draw back being Halford, I can point you to horror story threads that would make your teeth itch.
If TCt has found a diamond in the rough PM him and use that store, personally I still wouldn't.
5 - As said leave money for lights, locks, and with 23mm slick tyres you must buy a track pump with gauge, never ride below 90 psi.
6 - You must love the bike you buy, you will ride it more if it makes you smile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here