Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] New Beatles single

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
"Dad" music.
When a previously edgy group grow older they seem to lose the ability to make "cool" contemporary music and instead make"Dad" music.

But I've never liked The Beatles.
I'm not the greatest fan of the fabs either, but I'm not sure they can be blamed for losing their edge 50+ years after they split up and with half of them actually dead.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Warning, sentimental tripe coming up:

It's quite a momentous moment for me, I'm a huge Beatles and Lennon fan so I love it. I felt quite emotional listening to it the first time - I was too young and not really into The Beatles in 95 when Real Love and Free as a Bird came out so this is the first time I've ever listened to 'new' Beatles material. I love hearing it.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not the greatest fan of the fabs either, but I'm not sure they can be blamed for losing their edge 50+ years after they split up and with half of them actually dead.
Also some would argue that actually dying is a pretty punk rock/edgy thing to do.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Warning, sentimental tripe coming up:

I'm a huge Beatles and Lennon fan so I love it. I felt quite emotional listening to it the first time - I was too young and not really into the Beatles in 95 when Real Love and Free as a Bird came out so this is the first time I've ever listened to 'new' Beatles material. I love hearing it.
same

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Terrible, George Harrison vetoed its inclusion on the Anthology as you can hear why.

Free as a bird is a terrific track. They would have been wiser to use the new AI technology to enhance Lennon's voice on that rather than this dirge.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
McCartney has taken a Lennon song and turned it another of his post Beatles dirges with schmaltzy strings imo. I doubt Lennon would want anything to do with it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Being someone who shed a tear when I visited Lennons Strawberry Fields memorial in NY, I've been looking forwards to this for a while. A little disappointed as it sounds a bit like a JL song from the 90's, but then I guess it is. But having heard it a few times now, it is growing on me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here