Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Thats great i just hope everyone else is as enlightened as you obviously are.
And just to be clear i mean that sincerely and am not taking the p**s.

Nah, you were probably right first time, thing is I’ve worked in some sort of customer facing jobs for over 30 years now, I’m too long in tooth to get my knickers in a twist (even if I’m pissed) with someone on minimum wage trying to keep a job and put food on the table. Problem with some of these ********s that do it have never been on the receiving end and don’t realise talking to someone like shit usually ruins their whole day

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So it’s a separate booth, next to the away end, manned by Albion staff, and it’s a tiny percentage of tickets (50 ? 100 ? ) for people who will arrive spread out over the 2 hours before K0. And handing over a ticket will involve - what ? A quick look at a driving licence. ? And a flick through a few envelopes and on your way.
Its an extra step and it’s annoying and inconvenient for those asked to do it, but most understand why. But it’s really quite the stretch to insist you’ll miss the start of the game, it’s an impossible burden even if you get there at 7.55pm, or that it will ruin the whole evening.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Assuming those that are due for collection in person that “can’t make it now” for whatever reason will have the chance to return tickets, of which will go back on tiered or general sale?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So it’s a separate booth, next to the away end, manned by Albion staff,

If only the club had announced this at the time of the initial message, and lets hope its not just Brentford but replicated at all grounds where the club hold back tickets.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If only the club had announced this at the time of the initial message, and lets hope its not just Brentford but replicated at all grounds where the club hold back tickets.

Yes agree with that. It certainly makes it a lot less painful this way.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Fans who are forced to collect tickets should be rewarded by the club imo - maybe a voucher for a few quid off food/drink at The Amex. Or a bespoke "Albion away" badge.
How about some additional season ticket points :whistle:

Do you get your £1 postage refunded?
I suspect there's more chance of them charging us extra for the additional labour required :facepalm:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Not sure what the layout is at Brentford, but I'd think it'll vary depending on how much space there is around the away end at each ground, among other things.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm moaning because its not hassle free especially when people are coming from work, and were going to be tight getting there anyway. I don't distribute tickets despite your presumption that everyone complaining does.

And you don’t want to have any possibility of this quite rare and minor inconvenience that will enable people like me who are Albion + members to have a chance of decent tickets ? I guess that’s what it comes down to.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The reason I was given for sharing scheme coming in was club said by giving ticket away it was depriving members of chance to buy a ticket. We know that is not the case now because apart from very few games tickets available up to KO. and scheme is now the reason for many more empty seats.
However it seems that people that are entitled to away tickets are losing out to those not entitled and club are right to try and address this. If for a short time a random % have to show ID surely it is worth a go if it sorts the problem out.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure what the layout is at Brentford, but I'd think it'll vary depending on how much space there is around the away end at each ground, among other things.

The away end at Brentford is unlike many stadiums - you have to go through and pass the entrances to several high rise flats to reach the turnstiles . Id say it’s fairly easy to set up a stand to hand out tickets - space wise though. Not sure what the plans are if it’s pouring down with rain though !

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So it’s a separate booth, next to the away end, manned by Albion staff, and it’s a tiny percentage of tickets (50 ? 100 ? ) for people who will arrive spread out over the 2 hours before K0. And handing over a ticket will involve - what ? A quick look at a driving licence. ? And a flick through a few envelopes and on your way.
Its an extra step and it’s annoying and inconvenient for those asked to do it, but most understand why. But it’s really quite the stretch to insist you’ll miss the start of the game, it’s an impossible burden even if you get there at 7.55pm, or that it will ruin the whole evening.

I was thinking this. I've had to pick up tickets at the gate a couple of times in the PL due to either last-minute purchase or tickets failing to arrive in the post on time. Took literally 2-3 mins each time. There was more of a delay buying a ticket when you used to be able to turn up and POTG back in the Championship.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mountain out of a molehill, you'd think some people had been called up to do national service. If they just do this for the few games that sell out to the top points tiers it makes perfect sense. A minor ballache at most, especially if you can pick up next to the away turnstile.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

My thinking as well. I can understand why the club are doing this, it's only a small number and they are making it as easy as possible for fans to collect tickets, what's the issue?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The reason I was given for sharing scheme coming in was club said by giving ticket away it was depriving members of chance to buy a ticket. We know that is not the case now because apart from very few games tickets available up to KO. and scheme is now the reason for many more empty seats.
However it seems that people that are entitled to away tickets are losing out to those not entitled and club are right to try and address this. If for a short time a random % have to show ID surely it is worth a go if it sorts the problem out.

Probably this…….deterrent now very obviously in place, will continue but doesn’t have to similarly high numbers every time as looking at posts on here there’s an at least decent chance of getting caught. Can’t see it materially inconveniencing anyone on the day.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
And you don’t want to have any possibility of this quite rare and minor inconvenience that will enable people like me who are Albion + members to have a chance of decent tickets ? I guess that’s what it comes down to.

But the majority of Albion + members will get decent tickets, its come in now and we will see how it works, just seems a mountain out of a mole hill for two or three fixtures a season

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

How could an Albion+ member get a ticket for Brentford away?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How could an Albion+ member get a ticket for Brentford away?

My suggestion is to build up the required loyalty points for T1 and then buy a ticket on the first day of sale, or if in T2 log-on and be ready at 9am the following day.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
My suggestion is to build up the required loyalty points for T1 and then buy a ticket on the first day of sale, or if in T2 log-on and be ready at 9am the following day.

Doesn't work like that for Albion +, it has to go through all the season ticket holder tiers first, then goes to all the members in one go.

Normally straightforward for games north of Watford (anomalies like last season's game at Norwich notwithstanding).
Normally doesn't work at all for anywhere south of there, unless it's a game over Christmas or a cup game etc.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
280+ points?

Any Albion+ on here with anything like that?

But if you do not have 280 points, all you need to do is go to suffient games to get to this number. For example, I'm on 265 points at present. If I want to get to 280 points I will simply need to go to 3 games with 5 loyalty points and hey-presto I'm going to Brentford as 265+5+5+5=280. Or I could go to just 2 away games with 10 and 5 loyalty points and still go. Are there away games with 15? Maybe just a cheeky home League cup tie will suffice?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here