Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Do anyone know what time the next level of tickets can be purchased? I am trying to by two for the Arsenal game one for me and another for my husband who has no membership or anything, but today is supposed to be with 4 guests and it says he is invalid, which is a bit harsh, he is a lovely fella.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do anyone know what time the next level of tickets can be purchased? I am trying to by two for the Arsenal game one for me and another for my husband who has no membership or anything, but today is supposed to be with 4 guests and it says he is invalid, which is a bit harsh, he is a lovely fella.

9am unless otherwise stated usually

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Problem is, that wouldn't stop someone in tier 1 buying and then passing on even if they had no intention of going.

Maybe it should be capped to two or three times a season or something. Circumstances do change, after all.

Not really because the seller could only pass the ticket onto another fan in the same category as them and the seller would forgo any points as the ticket isn't registered as theirs anymore. Its pretty much the same as the existing season ticket sharing just for away games.

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Is part of the problem not down to the fact that there is no transparency over how many tickets are available, both in total, and then in each tier? Would some of this not be solved by detailing at the time the tickets are to be made available tickets numbers, something like
a) total ticket allocation 3,000
b) tier 1 25% - so 750
c) tier 2 25% - a further 750
d) tier 3 25% - 750
e) tier 4 15% - 450
f) tier 5 10% - final 300

Even speaking as someone who is comfortably clear of the points total needed for tier 1 every game, it doesn't seem right that the available tickets can be sold out to tier 1 "members", this surely causes some of the scramble from people in the lower groups?

Not saying this is a perfect solution by any means, but might solve some issues, maybe.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is part of the problem not down to the fact that there is no transparency over how many tickets are available, both in total, and then in each tier? Would some of this not be solved by detailing at the time the tickets are to be made available tickets numbers, something like
a) total ticket allocation 3,000
b) tier 1 25% - so 750
c) tier 2 25% - a further 750
d) tier 3 25% - 750
e) tier 4 15% - 450
f) tier 5 10% - final 300

Even speaking as someone who is comfortably clear of the points total needed for tier 1 every game, it doesn't seem right that the available tickets can be sold out to tier 1 "members", this surely causes some of the scramble from people in the lower groups?

Not saying this is a perfect solution by any means, but might solve some issues, maybe.

If we went down that route, we should also be saying how many are in each tier (for that particular allocation). Currently, Tier 1 is set at more or less the allocation (for smaller grounds), so if you’re in T1 you’re guaranteed a ticket, whereas T2 is much wider so more of a scramble. For the ‘loyalty’ scheme to work you’d have to think the higher the tier you’re in, the much better chance of a ticket you should have ? Also, T1 can currently buy when T2 is open, would you restrict that in the proposal above or simply have all the unsuccessful T1 buyers joining the T2 scramble ?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I know more than one person who are tier 1 but pass on away tickets all the time, not going to the match but keeping themselves at tier 1. It’s wrong. So if this makes that harder then I’m all for it.

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
If we went down that route, we should also be saying how many are in each tier (for that particular allocation). Currently, Tier 1 is set at more or less the allocation (for smaller grounds), so if you’re in T1 you’re guaranteed a ticket, whereas T2 is much wider so more of a scramble. For the ‘loyalty’ scheme to work you’d have to think the higher the tier you’re in, the much better chance of a ticket you should have ? Also, T1 can currently buy when T2 is open, would you restrict that in the proposal above or simply have all the unsuccessful T1 buyers joining the T2 scramble ?

Yes, sorry missed the bit about the number of people in each tier, plus any tiers above, equalling the number of tickets available. So, using my numbers above, 750 people in tier 1, 1,500 people in tiers 1 & 2, etc. Those in tier 1 still have first go and therefore “guaranteed” a ticket obviously, but tier 1 should not, in my humble opinion, be the point at which any game becomes sold out.

Currently, the issue for me it seems, is that nobody knows the numbers, so how many tickets we have available, and how many in each tier.

As I said at the end of my first bit, not saying by any stretch my possible ensure is the correct way, but seems a bit more transparent than currently.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, sorry missed the bit about the number of people in each tier, plus any tiers above, equalling the number of tickets available. So, using my numbers above, 750 people in tier 1, 1,500 people in tiers 1 & 2, etc. Those in tier 1 still have first go and therefore “guaranteed” a ticket obviously, but tier 1 should not, in my humble opinion, be the point at which any game becomes sold out.

Currently, the issue for me it seems, is that nobody knows the numbers, so how many tickets we have available, and how many in each tier.

As I said at the end of my first bit, not saying by any stretch my possible ensure is the correct way, but seems a bit more transparent than currently.

Agree re T1, and practically it never would, there will always be a % of T1s that can’t go (I’m in T1 but only do maybe half to two-thirds of away games for example). Think Brentford was the first time a game sold out effectively as T2 opened……….and that was undoubtedly due to T1’s holding T2 tickets in baskets before T2 opened (seems that particular loophole became much more widely known recently - I know I wasn’t aware of it until saw it mentioned on here). If that quirk is fixed, the current allocation process seems to be the least worst of various options I guess.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Agree re T1, and practically it never would, there will always be a % of T1s that can’t go (I’m in T1 but only do maybe half to two-thirds of away games for example). Think Brentford was the first time a game sold out effectively as T2 opened……….and that was undoubtedly due to T1’s holding T2 tickets in baskets before T2 opened (seems that particular loophole became much more widely known recently - I know I wasn’t aware of it until saw it mentioned on here). If that quirk is fixed, the current allocation process seems to be the least worst of various options I guess.

There was also the Fulham points being added early, which the club has acknowledged and will not do in the future.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
It’s acceptable to give them away because the club are making you a temporary 1901 member so you can give them to anyone
What a joke, hypocrisy at it’s worst

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I know more than one person who are tier 1 but pass on away tickets all the time, not going to the match but keeping themselves at tier 1. It’s wrong. So if this makes that harder then I’m all for it.

If they don't buy any away tickets then they will eventually stop being Tier 1.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
By the sound of it some people were getting tickets for others and not practicing due diligence or not caring who they ended up with, leading to a few people who shouldn't have been at games being arrested.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
By the sound of it some people were getting tickets for others and not practicing due diligence or not caring who they ended up with, leading to a few people who shouldn't have been at games being arrested.

And that probably happens at many clubs, but how many of those clubs have 10 match bans for the purchaser when one off those people gets in trouble. Certainly puts you off buying tickets for guests when it suits the club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here