Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I read somewhere that on the day the club became aware (band 2 for Brentford) they cancelled the session at reset the baskets but don’t know whether they had actually fixed it going forward

Give it’s only going to happen for a tiny number of games, guess they can have someone do it manually……..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I do accept 1901 members do pay a lot of money and in my view are fully entitled to give their tickets to anyone they wish for HOME games, as they do in a way own that seat. But i do think it’s going too far when they are allowed to give it away for away games,I am sure this is happening at small grounds, where I expect loyal fans with top tier points have been unable to get a ticket That in my opinion is unfair and wrong

If you buy a home season ticket then one of the benefits is that you are given a big chunk of loyalty points enabling you to buy away tickets before others. 1901 ticket holders is a more premium ticket so you get more benefits including for away tickets. 1901 users are still responsible and would be subject to sanctions if they assigned an away ticket to someone who was arrested etc Also 1901 fans have to commit to a ticket for five years - they are the very definition of Loyal fans.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I wasn’t talking about Brentford. That’s just the example the club has used and the start of the new system. Buying tickets for people in lower/no tiers has more effect than just that one game. You have a minuscule chance of some minor inconvenience at that one whereas on Saturday my family are in restricted view seats on the second to back row at Anfield because other people have gamed the system to buy better seats ahead of us. I didn’t complain about that at the time so don’t have much patience for people moaning on here they might have to do a bit of queuing before taking their good seats. I am glad the club have finally decided to do something about this issue.

Yeah but is the Liverpool game not a one off? I saw a lot for sale online on that game, but that’s solely IMO due to a train strike

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I have no issue with this.

I also have no issue with carrying ID - I'm personally in favour of ID cards.

I know some on here do have an issue with being forced to carry ID - I wonder how they feel about this?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Give it’s only going to happen for a tiny number of games, guess they can have someone do it manually……..

Tiny ? Chelsea ? Spurs ? Arsenal ? Southampton ? Palace ? Rearranged Bournemouth? Villa ?
(And already United, West Ham, FGR)
Even if the club intend to operate this for sell outs I’m guessing that’s over half at least of away games this season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah but is the Liverpool game not a one off? I saw a lot for sale online on that game, but that’s solely IMO due to a train strike

True (and the club would consider refunds if you applied for one is my reading of the terms - has anyone tried ?. But There’s chat online about ticket sales for most away games and has been for years now.,

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If you buy a home season ticket then one of the benefits is that you are given a big chunk of loyalty points enabling you to buy away tickets before others. 1901 ticket holders is a more premium ticket so you get more benefits including for away tickets. 1901 users are still responsible and would be subject to sanctions if they assigned an away ticket to someone who was arrested etc Also 1901 fans have to commit to a ticket for five years - they are the very definition of Loyal fans.
They are loyal fans no doubt, but no more so than many STH,s
But I still think it’s wrong they are allowed to give away tickets for away games to anyone they like(some may have never been to an Albion game before) when a STH can’t
Double standards never looks good
And as for the ability to pay for tickets five years in advance makes them more loyal than someone who can only buy a ST paying monthly, is frankly bo*****s

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tiny ? Chelsea ? Spurs ? Arsenal ? Southampton ? Palace ? Rearranged Bournemouth? Villa ?
(And already United, West Ham, FGR)
Even if the club intend to operate this for sell outs I’m guessing that’s over half at least of away games this season.

Even if it’s half the games, that’s only 9 times someone needs to ‘clear baskets’………and the ‘big’ London games don’t immediately sell out early in T2 anyway. West Ham went to A+ I think, FGR similarly.

Out of interest haven’t seen anything on Bournemouth tickets yet ? Presumably need to hang on to the original in case they’re not refunded and resold ?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
my family are in restricted view seats on the second to back row at Anfield

Those seats are truly awful. Last visit we were in the back row. Alright I thought as we sat down - you could see a bit. But when the whole away end stands up and you have to as well all game you can't see anything. Hardly worth the trip.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

No more loyal than anyone else, the only loyalty they are showing by this definition is that on a monetary level.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I wasn’t talking about Brentford. That’s just the example the club has used and the start of the new system. Buying tickets for people in lower/no tiers has more effect than just that one game. You have a minuscule chance of some minor inconvenience at that one whereas on Saturday my family are in restricted view seats on the second to back row at Anfield because other people have gamed the system to buy better seats ahead of us. I didn’t complain about that at the time so don’t have much patience for people moaning on here they might have to do a bit of queuing before taking their good seats. I am glad the club have finally decided to do something about this issue.

Also have you tried queuing up to a ticket office on a match day at a premier league ground, its a lot more than a minor inconvenience, when people have done nothing wrong.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No more loyal than anyone else, the only loyalty they are showing by this definition is that on a monetary level.

If 1901 are no more loyal than anyone, (really ? do season ticket holders enter into a contract to keep their ticket for 5 years ? ) then on that basis season ticket holders shouldn't get loyalty points either. And i guess you probably think away tickets should just be sold on a first come first served basis to anyone. How would you ration them given that demand outstrips supply for half the games in a season at least.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If 1901 are no more loyal than anyone, (really ? do season ticket holders enter into a contract to keep their ticket for 5 years ? ) then on that basis season ticket holders shouldn't get loyalty points either. And i guess you probably think away tickets should just be sold on a first come first served basis to anyone. How would you ration them given that demand outstrips supply for half the games in a season at least.

I don't think you can argue that all 1901 are loyal Brighton fans. Obviously some are but my understanding is there are plenty that are used for corporate hospitality. A company dishing out free tickets to it's customers doesn't make those customers loyal fans.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don't think you can argue that all 1901 are loyal Brighton fans. Obviously some are but my understanding is there are plenty that are used for corporate hospitality. A company dishing out free tickets to it's customers doesn't make those customers loyal fans.

Absolutely. :thumbsup:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I think we should use the loyalty point system, that currently works. I don't think it should be first come first served, I'd happily enter a contract for 5 years, 10 years, 20 years for my season ticket, but I don't have the option as I can't afford the prices they charge per season in the 1901 club, it is something only achievable by money. I don't think its right that a 1901 can skip the queue with his ticket to get away tickets. The most 'loyal' fans are the ones who do every single away game, while I'm sure there are many in the 1901 club that do, the fact that some people can just jump on the bandwagon and use the guest tickets does not show loyalty. If season tickets are allocated 1 seat per away ticket then so should 1901 tickets. Not the option of 4 guests, when we were in the championship and you could essentially bring guests, as tickets went to general sale or were POTG I introduced people to away games who are now regular travellers, but instead of giving the option to bring guests to season ticket holders, they will give it to corporate 1901 members who will take someone out for a jolly on an occasion to Liverpool or Manchester United. I met a Liverpool fan in the away end last year who works for the company who has corporate 1901 tickets so despite never going to a Brighton away game jumped the queue in front of everyone else. I sympathise with those who can't get tickets due to the system like Neville's breakfast, but this problem also massively stems from 1901 coporate members racking up the points on their 1901 guest tickets. I know of people who don't even have season tickets, but go to every away game due to the fact they have mutuals who have 1901 tickets. But I believe this whole loyalty branding of it is nonsense, people who can't afford a season ticket for various reasons are just as loyal as someone who travels away every game, they just can't afford to be as loyal.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
No issue with it but would hope the club also make it as easy as possible to return/relist tickets for people that have genuinely had a change of circumstances. Work/illness/family crisis do pop up.
Agreed and it would be nice to then somehow make those tickets available for purchase on the day. For example, I’m still hoping for 4 tickets to the Liverpool game on Saturday. The Scouse Seagulls all live in Liverpool so we could happily buy tickets even half an hour before KO if there was a system in place that would allow. Let’s face it there will be no shows at every away game, so if the match has sold out it would be nice to still help genuine life long fans get to the game, if tickets would otherwise go unused.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Spot on [emoji106]
Some of us do hard miles for home and away games.

Some people have enough cash to buy a 1901 ticket for 5 years but use it purely for Corporate and dish out tickets to whoever they are trying to impress.

I've been a STH since before the Amex but people like me get no perks like they do and I missed out on Bmuff I suspect because of someone in 1901 who couldn't be arsed to do the game so gave it to someone who was a mate etc etc

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
There are many season tickets holders like myself who had ST’s at The Goldstone. Priestfield Stadium, Withdean and now the Amex, against many 1901 members who never had a ticket prior to the Amex. But in your eyes these financially JCL’s are outstandingly loyal, your on a wind up aren’t you ?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
There are many season tickets holders like myself who had ST’s at The Goldstone. Priestfield Stadium, Withdean and now the Amex, against many 1901 members who never had a ticket prior to the Amex. But in your eyes these financially JCL’s are outstandingly loyal, your on a wind up aren’t you ?
Ah yes but remember we are now nearing Pensionable age and people like us are ruining the Atmosphere at home and away games according to another thread on this board [emoji6]

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here