Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Every day on Twitter I see someone or other on the #bhafc tag selling away tickets “DM Me” etc etc
If I’ve seen them, the club will have seen them.

Yes, I’ve seen the same.

I got all the way to Doncaster last season before realising I'd left my Leeds tickets at home. Leeds ticket office were great, printed off a new set without any drama.

I was on the coach when I realised I hadn’t got my Derby ticket. I rang the club, who contacted Derby. I went to their ticket office, who printed a duplicate for me.
No queue, and no hassle.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Has that loophole been closed ? That’s a different issue……

You're right, that is a different issue as it was people in one tier holding tickets in their basket for the next tier down. I think they said they were addressing that by emptying all baskets about half an hour before the next tier opens up. No doubt someone will moan that they are in the higher tier and that half hour before the next tier opens is the only time they can get online so how are the club going to accommodate that!!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I don’t have a huge issue with it considering the reasons the club have given.

Would be nice however if the club emailed those who have to collect their tickets in advance of the game, rather than them having to wait and wonder until a couple of days before the game.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t have a huge issue with it considering the reasons the club have given.

Would be nice however if the club emailed those who have to collect their tickets in advance of the game, rather than them having to wait and wonder until a couple of days before the game.

But that would mean those not informed in advance would know they don’t have to go through ID checks which would give a longer window for them to pass on tickets. Far better to leave it as late as possible.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No issue with it but would hope the club also make it as easy as possible to return/relist tickets for people that have genuinely had a change of circumstances. Work/illness/family crisis do pop up.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I assume those supporters randomly selected to collect their tickets on the day will be notified otherwise you'd be wondering if they've got lost in the post

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I assume those supporters randomly selected to collect their tickets on the day will be notified otherwise you'd be wondering if they've got lost in the post

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Anyone got their Brentford tickets yet ? Guess they’ll be even later than normal as someone has to write all the names and fan numbers on them

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Has that loophole been closed ? That’s a different issue……

I read somewhere that on the day the club became aware (band 2 for Brentford) they cancelled the session at reset the baskets but don’t know whether they had actually fixed it going forward

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No issue with it but would hope the club also make it as easy as possible to return/relist tickets for people that have genuinely had a change of circumstances. Work/illness/family crisis do pop up.

Whilst I support what the club are doing on this, the quid pro quo is that for those genuine cases you should be able to get the club to relist the ticket. If it's sold you get your money back.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
For me, If this stops some of the tickets getting passed on to coked up cocks, who barely watch the game, it will be worthwhile.

For what its worth, I nearly missed kick off at Fulham away, after a sniffer dog decided I was worthy of further investigation.

I’m confused. Are we all being ‘tarred with the same brush’ and these practices don’t actually happen or has ‘someone snitched’ on people ‘passing on to a friend’ which is exactly what the club want to stop ? Either you are involved in this so your upset is down to that or you aren’t so you have nothing to worry about. If you are involved then I would rather you didn’t buy tickets for your non qualifying friends such that away allocations sell out before they go on sale to Albion + members like myself and my family.

No, I'm not involved, I just don't like the way we are constantly being read the riot act and the punishment for getting caught is a tad bloody harsh!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m on the club’s side with this one. Maybe the punishment is a bit OTT but the principle is fine.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Anyone got their Brentford tickets yet ? Guess they’ll be even later than normal as someone has to write all the names and fan numbers on them

They only need to write the details on the tickets held for collection. The rest can go straight out in the post, no problem.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So for the club to react like this it seems likely that some individuals are running a "cottage industry" of buying a ticket or tickets plural for matches whether they intend to go or not and then either passing them on to someone they know or worse selling them to god knows who.
The fact that some are complaining so strongly about this also makes me think that it may be more widespread than i at first thought "methinks some do complain too much"
As regards the punishment i would say that if you are not cheating the system it will not affect you at all, its not exactly hands being removed is it ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As frustrating as that can be, maybe they should buy their tickets quicker then? I don’t complain if I miss out on a ticket but find out someone with less points is going, because I realise it’s just life and I can’t go to everything. There will always be another time.

If you're in a lower tier then you don't always get the chance to "buy the tickets quicker", because they've already been snaffled up by the people in the higher tiers harvesting MORE "loyalty points" whilst not even going to the games. I've missed out on tickets because I'm not in one of the top tiers point-wise, its not reached my tier, and whilst there is an element of "oh well", at the same time its galling to think that some ratboy skiv is going in my place because he knows he can ponce a ticket off of a loyalty points harvester.

Not on really, is it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’m curious to know why is it acceptable for a 1901 member to not have to conform to these rules and can pass them on to anyone, or have I read that wrong?

Because they pay a shitload of money for the privilege but they remain responsible for the person they give the ticket to.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Be glad Burnley were relegated. (Yes, I know, you already were.) Queueing up at Burnley's ticket office on matchday is no joke - I hope if and when we meet again, BFC tells BHA what they can do with their extra workload!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here