Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] new away fan ID/ticketing system

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No random checks at the turnstiles then?

No - Away clubs won’t care.

The names on ticket so those that get nicked with a ticket can be identified

Last edited:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Brentford tickets arrived this morning with ticket owners names scribbled on them.

Am I missing something but why are they writing names on every single ticket, when it's just the ones being collected from the ground that they are checking?

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Brentford tickets arrived this morning with ticket owners names scribbled on them.

Am I missing something but why are they writing names on every single ticket, when it's just the ones being collected from the ground that they are checking?

There may be some spot checks at turnstiles too

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
There may be some spot checks at turnstiles too
I did wonder that but the club only mentioned of the requirement for photo ID for supporters collecting at the ground. Unless they make a further announcement in run up to the game.

I've got nothing to worry about as I'll be going but just seemed a bit unnecessary to write names on every ticket

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Conspiracy theories abound. Maybe scribbling the names on the ticket is just part of the process before they are passed to someone to pop them in the right envelope in the same name and tick them off the list?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Conspiracy theories abound. Maybe scribbling the names on the ticket is just part of the process before they are passed to someone to pop them in the right envelope in the same name and tick them off the list?

Maybe Barber was at a loose end one afternoon and wanted to increase his word count even further?

fatshats

Feb 23, 2012
Does anyone know what they're doing about tickets you bought for other people? I've bought two tickets, one in my name and one in my mate's. I've had an email from the club but he hasn't. Neither of us have received his ticket.

Are they just checking my ID when I pick up both our tickets then?

Apologies if this has already been asked.

Cheers

So the ticket for my mate was sent to my address today. But I need to show ID at the ground to pick up my own ticket. What sort of half baked system is that?!

Will be really interesting to see if they do proceed with "random" ID spot checks at the ground. I imagine that could potentially become quite confrontational?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So the ticket for my mate was sent to my address today. But I need to show ID at the ground to pick up my own ticket. What sort of half baked system is that?!

Will be really interesting to see if they do proceed with "random" ID spot checks at the ground. I imagine that could potentially become quite confrontational?

One was randomly selected and one wasn’t………pretty straightforward isn’t it ?

Comms from the club seem to point to only those picked out for collection need to have ID but wouldn’t be surprised to see further random checks before the turnstiles.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just got home to find Brentford tickets had arrived. Like everyone else our names were written in felt tip pen. Very amateurish if you ask me but at least it was joined up.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Just got home to find Brentford tickets had arrived. Like everyone else our names were written in felt tip pen. Very amateurish if you ask me but at least it was joined up.

So if anyone wishes to cross out the name that's there and write in a different name, whether in felt tip or otherwise, and swear blind it was the club shop that did it, I doubt there could be any comeback.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
My only take from all this is that there are a lot of people who are buying away tickets and then either giving them away or selling them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here