New Aviva Stadium (Lansdowne Road)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Watching the rugby international last weekend v South Africa and firstly surprised by the low attendace as well as the low capacity of the new stadium - only 51,700.

It looks stunning but one end is close to a housing development and so is limited to a single tier. Looks really odd against the touchline stands.

800px-Aviva.jpg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Will be there watching Spurs in the UEFA Cup Final in May. Maybe.

:rave:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Low attendance was because you had to buy tickets for 4 games to get to this one I think. It does indeed look stunning but there seemed to be an enormous amount of reflection from the floodlights coming back off the glass. maybe it only looks that way on tv, if not it is a massive design cock up.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Just watching ROI vs Wales and I thought the Amex north and south stands were small but that small stand at the Aviva looks most odd. Rest of the stadium looks good though, bit like the Emirates

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
If it did not have the small end it would be an amazing stadium. I was surprised they could not have at least stuck a small 2nd tier at that end just to give the stadium a bit more capacity. Not a bad effort though.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The first plans for the redevelopment of Landsdown road look very similar to what we have now got ourselves!

Attachments

• Landsdown road plan a.jpg
    Landsdown road plan a.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2,150

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports