Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Albion Logo

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Like the 2012 Olympic logo, that Morecambe "shrimp" badge is so bad it's good.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
i really like this badge. a little work needed, but nothing more. seems the majority on here are in agreement.

but what a great exercise this focus group meeting has been! we're all now very clear that the old hangers-on have been well-and-truly retained by the new order, and i'm pleased for them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For me, the very problem with engaging an outside agency to re-brand a company / organisation, is that they will feel that they need to justify their cost by doing something RADICAL.

Often far more RADICAL than is actually required.

Lets just accept for argument's sake that either the old round badge or the current badge are the best available option.

KSS [or anyone else] can't spend months 'working on it', present an invoice for tens of thousands of pounds, then tell the club that their expert opinion is to 'leave it as it is', can they?

As such they feel compelled to reject the OBVIOUS [whether right or wrong] and come up with a 2012 / Morecambe Shrimp / Bournemouth / Fulham disaster.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
I would take Mayfair's design and remove the gold writing around the outside, except keep the Est 1901 bit and put that under the seagull on the bottom edge of the blue circle, similar to how the other writing curves round, have the Est 1901 curving around the blue bit at the bottom.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely fantastic effort from Mayfair. I wouldn't want GOSBTS in the crest itself, but the words "Sussex" and "1901" I'm very much in favour of. And the same goes for the gold rim.

All in all, love it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm a bit late coming into this discussion, but thought I'd throw in my twopennies worth.

Mayfair's design is really good, and I admire his effort. I also like the current crest too. However, Falmer (in my opinion, feel free to disagree) is about looking to the future. With that in mind, I think that Mayfair's effort is a little too retro.

I would like to see a new logo - something that reflects our history, yet doesn't try to replicate the past. Something that all of our fans can be proud of, especially the younger fans that have been deprived of ever seeing the club play a home match.

With that in mind, I think it is an absolute travesty that no under 30's managed to attend the logo consultation exercise meeting.

Brian

Feb 21, 2009
Seeing the badge took me back to my childhood, we couldn't afford the Bukta shirt, 76ish, so my mum bought a material badge from the club shop and sowed it on to a plain blue/white stripe top. This never bothered Peter Ward one bit.

Imagine if you did that today. Love the badge!

D

Deleted member 2719

I must be in the minority i don't give a toss what the new logo looks like as long as there isn't an eagle on it.

The logo would never buy me in or out of a club i just can't understand all the hysteria about it???

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I too reckon the round design looks far better than the shield. But tend to prefer a minimalist approach that avoids unneeded wording and decoration.

Just one small point. The club's official name carries an ampersand and not the word 'AND'. Surely that would have to stay, regardless of design, no?

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
For me, the very problem with engaging an outside agency to re-brand a company / organisation, is that they will feel that they need to justify their cost by doing something RADICAL.

Often far more RADICAL than is actually required.

Lets just accept for argument's sake that either the old round badge or the current badge are the best available option.

KSS [or anyone else] can't spend months 'working on it', present an invoice for tens of thousands of pounds, then tell the club that their expert opinion is to 'leave it as it is', can they?

As such they feel compelled to reject the OBVIOUS [whether right or wrong] and come up with a 2012 / Morecambe Shrimp / Bournemouth / Fulham disaster.

Exactly my concerns.

The silence from the Club on this is deafening.

???

i really like this badge. a little work needed, but nothing more. seems the majority on here are in agreement.

but what a great exercise this focus group meeting has been! we're all now very clear that the old hangers-on have been well-and-truly retained by the new order, and i'm pleased for them.
I'm completely baffled by this comment.

I've not seen any post on NSC that reports a single comment made at the focus group meeting by anyone who attended it.

As for the Falmer for All team (who I was asked to represent at the meeting) being described as "the old hangers on", all I can say is sorry. If we'd have realised that the whole point of the ten years work that was put into the campaign was to achieve the status of "hangers on", I'm sure none of us would have bothered.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I must be in the minority i don't give a toss what the new logo looks like as long as there isn't an eagle on it.

The logo would never buy me in or out of a club i just can't understand all the hysteria about it???

Obviously its not going to stop you supporting the club. I still find it a little odd that you wouldn't care what the badge looks like, since it is pretty much everywhere when you support a club and is also one of the things that most defines the club to supporters and opposition.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
The round badge with the blue background is a minimalist design classic.
The shield badge is a tacky embarrassment which looks like a reject from a under fives design competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here