Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New 2013/14 Kits thread

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Crickey.That's the first time I've seen a Tranmere kit NOT sponsored by Wirral council.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
As a side point, I'm actually very surprised that we haven't released a third kit this year. What with maximising opportunities for profit and all...

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
As a side point, I'm actually very surprised that we haven't released a third kit this year. What with maximising opportunities for profit and all...

Well, both kits are for one year only. The club have already confirmed that a new kit supplier has been appointed for next season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

What makes you think there won't be a third kit at some point in this last season for Errea?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace have just released a shithouse third kit. With yet another DREADFUL photoshop image of the mockup kit. (Which they got wrong again)

View attachment 48351

I don't understand why they don't just ask one of the players to model the kit.

Every year they get the same photo of one of their lumbering donkey centre halves and badly Photoshop the kit on. It is too much for one of their suppliers to actually give them a sample shirt to wear?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Re the numbers on the back...quite a few on here have complained that the numbers are hard to see,I agree,but watching MU and Real Sociedad tonight,I think the RS shirts show how to put numbers on whilst still retaining the Blue and White stripes on the front

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Re the numbers on the back...quite a few on here have complained that the numbers are hard to see,I agree,but watching MU and Real Sociedad tonight,I think the RS shirts show how to put numbers on whilst still retaining the Blue and White stripes on the front

I seem to recall more than one occasion in seasons past where the fact of not having stripes on the back was the main source of complaint :shrug:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

TB addressed this last week at the NWSS meeting, he acknowledged that the numbers were a cock up and they will return to the square on the back of the shirts but he said we can't change shirt design ( includes the numbers) mid season as they are registered with the football league and can't be changed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't understand why they don't just ask one of the players to model the kit.

Every year they get the same photo of one of their lumbering donkey centre halves and badly Photoshop the kit on. It is too much for one of their suppliers to actually give them a sample shirt to wear?

I don't understand why they needed a third kit at West Brom. It's hard to see how either their cheap Barcelona knock-off home kit or funeral-for-their-Premier-League-future black kit clashes with the home team's navy and white stripes.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
TB addressed this last week at the NWSS meeting, he acknowledged that the numbers were a cock up and they will return to the square on the back of the shirts but he said we can't change shirt design ( includes the numbers) mid season as they are registered with the football league and can't be changed.
Thanks for the TB answer...so next season with the new manufacturer we can expect improvement.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

I wonder what's changed, I recall Southampton changing from striped back to a square panel on the back mid-season before. We changed our home kit for one game mid season in 2004/5. Of course, it would be very difficult to change mid season, due to all the stock ordered, but I doubt the FL would have any issue. Why not retro fit a white square for the number on the back, like we used to in the past?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I wonder what's changed, I recall Southampton changing from striped back to a square panel on the back mid-season before. We changed our home kit for one game mid season in 2004/5. Of course, it would be very difficult to change mid season, due to all the stock ordered, but I doubt the FL would have any issue. Why not retro fit a white square for the number on the back, like we used to in the past?

We changed the colour of the numbers on our green and black away kit (the numbers were initially white, and were changed to black). Also, with regard to the 'one off' home kits (palookaville, the '10 years without a home' kit and the final skint kit), the football league allow each club to use a different kit at a home match for one game each season.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I seem to recall more than one occasion in seasons past where the fact of not having stripes on the back was the main source of complaint :shrug:

What is wrong with an old fashioned plain white square on the back with the number on and the rest of the stripes still showing around the square

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Annoyingly, the new Germany home kit is absolutely beautiful.

Germany+2014+Home+1.jpg

And in other news. Wales get a shit kit modelled by a "photoshopped in" Gareth Bale (IMO).
Wales2014Header.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here