SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
NEVER alright.

Absolute nightmare.

That is all. Cracking point though :drink:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I took mine to the game at the valley and it went down a treat. although she was quite taken aback by how everyone went mental!!!:amex:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I wouldn't think many would be impressed on a winters night at the Withers.

Now Falmer may well be different!

Remember some, not all, girls don't get it so be pleased that it's one place where you get some 'man time'. I'd hate to put up with my mrs at footie. In fact, i'd have probably given up on footie years ago if it wasn't for the fact it was the only place i could escape her nagging!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Remember some, not all, girls don't get it so be pleased that it's one place where you get some 'man time'. I'd hate to put up with my mrs at footie. In fact, i'd have probably given up on footie years ago if it wasn't for the fact it was the only place i could escape her nagging![/QUOTE]

lol! I admit i don't encourage it - The missus did go to the Huddersfield v brighton game but went in the companies corporate box so i don't have to endure loads of silly questions.
My Sister on teh other hand fully gets the football thing and is fine at matches then again she used to come along to the Goldstone with my Dad and I when she was a kid.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Took her to Southampton away, after our first goal I kicked over her drink and it went in her shoe. I then threw up all over her before passing out (I was quite ill) spent the rest of the day on a bed with the St Johns people. Strangely she's still putting up with me and can't wait to go to Falmer!

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Was it your girlfriend being frog marched out of the ground by the police ? ( was going to say fuzz but too obvious). She did not look happy .......

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Have taken a number of girlfriends and one wife to matches at different times over the last God knows how many years...no problems!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I would never take my husband to watch Brighton play football. He is not at all interested in it, but doesn't bother me, prefer it in a way as i go with my brother and mum and we have a great time before, during and after the match!!!! :cheers:
I agrre with this I took my boyfriend once but I do try to avoid it.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Took my then girlfriend to Notts Forest at home many years ago at the Goldstone and she thought John Robertson and Gary Birtles were the dogs bollocks in those days and as the programmes were printed a week in advance in those days we thought they were both playing but when they announced the teams no Birtles or Robertson, so we watched the game and i cant remember the result .
Anyway we get home and she still has a right cob on and decides to write a letter to Brian Clough explaining it was her first footie game and she wanted to see theses players Blah Blah blah, and she posts it off etc.

I just forgot all about it and told her she had no chance of a reply,
but a week later a letter comes thru the door addressed to her from Notts Forest and in it is a hand written letter from Brian Clough explaining in full detail why certain players cant play and the timimg of the printing etc along with an apology as well and he also said anytime she was in Nottingham let him know and he would arrange free tickets for a game for us ( Alas that opportunity never arose for us)

Top Man Brian Clough in my eyes until the day he sadly passed away.:lol:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
My missus comes with me now & again. Even the shitty weather versus Rochdale & being stuck in the middle of 'spitgate' at Charlton hasn't put her off.

She's coming with me on Saturday & braving the West Stand versus Pompey too.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You call your girlfriend 'it'?

I think the "it" refers to the matchday experience...the sentence would look a little different if he had used the word "she" instead...but might have contributed to everyone going mental!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here