Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Nervousness?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
You should absolutely NOT look up Beta Blockers - you should consult your Doctor. If they prescribe them then fine but different medication affects different people with different conditions in different ways.

In no way was I suggesting it be taken recreationaly. Consulting my GP after I researched it is what I'd done and was an alternative to using anti depressants.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm a nervous person in many life situations but never about football (unless I have a bet almost coming in or going out, then I can get palpations). I find it easy to remember it's just a game to enjoy (I even enjoyed Paddy Mccourt's brilliant skill and goal against us when he played for Barnsley and had to applaud). I've said it many times but football is about only three things for me, community, pantomime and beautiful goals. I would rather lose 3-4 than 0-1 every time. And if we lose badly I always stay until the end because i might witness some great skill or finish, even if it is by the oppo.

I really hope GP asks our players tonight to be brave, take them apart and to seize the opportunity to go top by beating our arch nemesis. Football must be about glory. I hope we don't go there accepting "we'll take a draw". We've had a few 0-0 bores in recent years and I would rather have the glorious memories of the 3-1 5 pens, the 1-0 own goal winner, the 3-0 freekick and hells bells even the agony of the 5-0 for they make it all the more enjoyable. edit - and the 3-1 Duffy off, Andone finish of course.

I cannot understand not watching the game due to nerves though, sorry. What's the point of any football if there is no rollercoaster ride? I don't get emotional about promotions or relegations tbf as i know next season I will still be watching my team wherever they are (in person or on tv while money is tight at the moment).

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I'm a nervous person in many life situations but never about football (unless I have a bet almost coming in or going out, then I can get palpations). I find it easy to remember it's just a game to enjoy (I even enjoyed Paddy Mccourt's brilliant skill and goal against us when he played for Barnsley and had to applaud). I've said it many times but football is about only three things for me, community, pantomime and beautiful goals. I would rather lose 3-4 than 0-1 every time. And if we lose badly I always stay until the end because i might witness some great skill or finish, even if it is by the oppo.

I really hope GP asks our players tonight to be brave, take them apart and to seize the opportunity to go top by beating our arch nemesis. Football must be about glory. I hope we don't go there accepting "we'll take a draw". We've had a few 0-0 bores in recent years and I would rather have the glorious memories of the 3-1 5 pens, the 1-0 own goal winner, the 3-0 freekick and hells bells even the agony of the 5-0 for they make it all the more enjoyable. edit - and the 3-1 Duffy off, Andone finish of course.

I cannot understand not watching the game due to nerves though, sorry. What's the point of any football if there is no rollercoaster ride? I don't get emotional about promotions or relegations tbf as i know next season I will still be watching my team wherever they are (in person or on tv while money is tight at the moment).

Great Post and much how I feel. I'll be there tonight with my lad and for me I will revel in being with my fellow Albion fans in the enemies back yard. I'll have a good old shout, hope we give a good account of ourselves and get the win but will enjoy the whole pantomime of it all and not get too upset if it all comes crashing down and we get beaten. Of course if we win I will go batshit crazy with the rest of the Albion faithful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here