Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nelson Mandela Lives - Never Trust Your Father

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Or the AWB, the military death squads, the murder of Steve Biko, or Chris Hani, or smiling white policemen shooting children during the school boycott, the ****ing ridiculousness of being an African, in Africa, being a second class citizen to a European...talk about Spear of the Nation as much as you want, every liberation movement has a name.......

Lets talk about a man, whose humility, and forgiveness saved a country turning into a bloodbath.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Or the AWB, the military death squads, the murder of Steve Biko, or Chris Hani, or smiling white policemen shooting children during the school boycott, the ****ing ridiculousness of being an African, in Africa, being a second class citizen to a European...talk about Spear of the Nation as much as you want, every liberation movement has a name.......

Lets talk about a man, whose humility, and forgiveness saved a country turning into a bloodbath.
Ah Biko. Cracking song from one of my all time favorite albums -Street Fighting years.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
According to my sister who lives in S.A. Mandela's daughter has said that he is in a "vegetative state" being kept alive by machines and drugs. The authorities are trying to keep him alive until after the election in fear of losing a large percentage voters that don't actually vote ANC but misguidedly still believe they are voting for the party of Mandela rather than that of Jacob Zuma. I expect one of the resident nsc'ers over there will either confirm or refute this, as it probably reflects which paper my sister reads.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
According to my sister who lives in S.A. Mandela's daughter has said that he is in a "vegetative state" being kept alive by machines and drugs. The authorities are trying to keep him alive until after the election in fear of losing a large percentage voters that don't actually vote ANC but misguidedly still believe they are voting for the party of Mandela rather than that of Jacob Zuma. I expect one of the resident nsc'ers over there will either confirm or refute this, as it probably reflects which paper my sister reads.

Think it has more to do with the internal family rift and court case than any conspiracy theory..isnt his eldest daughter in some sort of family legal dispute?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Doctor's said back in July he was in a permanent vegetative state, then the government denied it. I also heard reports that he was already dead and they were waiting for his birthday to announce it (that was back in July).
The truth is no-one really knows. I have seen the reports about the complete balls-up when he was first taken ill (ie, government insisted they use a military ambulance to take him to hospital, which then broke down and they then had to wait 40 minutes for a proper ambulance to carry on the journey). I have also heard that there was major planning going on in the days after he was admitted, as if they were expecting him to die, or he was already dead.
If the ANC, or his family for that matter, is keeping him alive for political reasons, there will be ramifications. The whole thing is rather unsavoury if you ask me (the infighting within the Mandela family in particular) and I would rather they let the poor old chap pass on in peace.
As for the elections, if the ANC are relying on people voting for Mandela to keep them in power, then they are stuffed anyway! They will get back in whether he is alive or dead, but I would expect their share of the vote to drop quite a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here