Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Neil Young

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Best live gig I’ve ever heard/witnessed was NY @ Crazy Horse. 2 and half hours of sheer Les Paul guitar heaviness in 96. Think it was on the back of the Album he recorded with Pearl Jam.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I absolutely love the concert film he made "Rust Never Sleeps": https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079834/ - see on it Blu-ray for best effect.

It is the epitome of the 1970s and absolutely wonderful in every way. I don't think he's ever got close to topping it and while I appreciate someone who just goes for what they think is worth doing, I do think he has really spread his best work far too thinly since the 1970s.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey, what has happened to Neil's voice and has he thrown his guitar away for this one??

Crap.

I've posted on the wrong thread. Innit. :facepalm:

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I was surprised that Harvest was booted down the order too, I can't really choose between it and Goldrush. Other than that pretty much agree with the order. If are wondering where to start with Neil Young then, yes, start with Live Rust, a gorgeous set of acoustic classics followed by a glorious thrash to make your ears ring

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Best live gig I’ve ever heard/witnessed was NY @ Crazy Horse. 2 and half hours of sheer Les Paul guitar heaviness in 96. Think it was on the back of the Album he recorded with Pearl Jam.

Seen him a couple of times, once with Crazy Horse and more recently with Promise of The Real, both up there with the best I've ever been to. My ears rang for 3 days after the Crazy Horse gig.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Surprised to see Greendale so far down the list, certainly my favourite Young album of the past 20 years. Super audio CD and well recorded too, lovely listen with some headphones :rock:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was surprised that Harvest was booted down the order too, I can't really choose between it and Goldrush. Other than that pretty much agree with the order. If are wondering where to start with Neil Young then, yes, start with Live Rust, a gorgeous set of acoustic classics followed by a glorious thrash to make your ears ring

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

With a username like that, you need to be trusted on music. What ^ says.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Apart from 'Motorcycle mama', 'Comes a time is a masterpiece'. 'Harvest moon' does it for me, but 'Comes a time' is really special.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Saw NY at Hammersmith on the Greendale tour 2003. First half of the show was Greendale in full. Second half he can back and did a solo acoustic set. Liam and Noel Gallagher were sat in the row in front of us.

Also saw him with Crazy Horse at the Phoenix Festival in 1996 which was pretty amazing. Then scuttled over to the dance tent to see The Prodigy - quite an evening for a 16 year old!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here