Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neil Adams leaves Norwich

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd love to see them with Warnock, although I dont think anyone is that stupid now.

Oscar is probably likely, would explain why he was around this weekend. I hope he does well.

Certainly worth a punt at 66/1, but l would hardly say it is a 'likely' appointment. A lot of good managers will be after that job.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oscar saying he had an interview lined up was intriguing coming shortly before this news.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Phelan must be in with a very strong shout. Despite what they told the media about Phelan being brought in to 'help', his appointment seemed an obvious way to heap more pressure on Adams. If Phelan was wise he would have maintained just enough daylight between himself and Adams so as not to be tainted should the latter fall out of favour.

OK the Canaries had an awful game at Preston, but aren't doing too badly in the Championship. At least they can concentrate on getting among the play offs now. There is a huge expectation around here that the Canaries will bounce straight back into the PL. Despite the luxury of parachute money they are being shown up by Bournemouth, Brentford - and not forgetting Ipswich :lol:

Oscar might be a dark horse, although the language barrier might be a problem - not speaking fluent Norfolk-ese. His appointment would give NSCers the chance to repay the advice given by Derby Canary about Hughton :lol:

I wouldn't rule out Sherwood either. It's curious how he hasn't found a managerial job, maybe his terms aren't acceptable or he is just seen as a bit too much of a loose cannon. Sooner or later someone will take a punt on him, it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
CH is fast becoming a long-serving manager :)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Simply because no-one's mentioned him yet, could this be he job that tempts Curbishley back into active management?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sami 40/1.

Same price as Nolberto Solano.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Employing an ex-radio pundit was always a big gamble. Perhaps if they'd kept Houghton thy might have stayed up.

Nope ALL Norwich fans say he would have taken them down as their last 4 games were tough ones. Given how they complained about Hughton's boring football it would be quite interesting to see how they take to Oscar if he is in the frame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here