Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Needed: Brighton Fan As Guest For Radio Show on Resonance 104.4FM

CafeCalcio

Oct 21, 2010
Hello all, my name is Chris and I produce and co-host a football fanzine show called Cafe Calcio on Resonance 104.4FM, (and http://www.resonancefm.com) based just south of London Bridge.

If you fancy a listen to what we do, our podcasts are here: http://cafecalcio.posterous.com

Next Friday afternoon we are recording a halloween special and we'd like to feature a Brighton fan, with some knowledge of the pagan history of the Goldstone, as a guest. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Goldstone was the only ground to be built on 'holy ground' as it were. There are other issues we'd love to talk about as well, your impending move to Falmer being one (from the perspective of you guys having a new home that you can begin to imbue with some uniqueness and atmosphere and the challenges that you've had to do so since leaving the old Goldstone).

Another part of this show will be a brief highlights package from the seance we conducted at a flat in the new Highbury development. We were there with our ouijaboard seeing if we could summon the ghost of Herbert Chapman who is said to haunt the place. The rest of that will be available in a podcast from the 31st October.

Halloween. You get the general idea.

Also, there is a theme in next weeks show of 'confronting our greatest and most primal fears' and as a Palace fan myself can't think of many things worse than sharing a studio with one of your mob for a whole hour, so it fits in well. :laugh:

Anyway, if you know someone who fits the bill and is available next Friday afternoon please feel free to either PM me or email cafecalcio@gmail.com

Cheers,

Chris.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The ghost of Herbert Chapman ?

Surely the ghost of Lee Chapman would be more interesting. Blackens both your eyes, then POSSESSES you so you tell everyone it was just down to a bit of "rough sex". Straight out of The Entity, that was.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
H...

Next Friday afternoon we are recording a halloween special and we'd like to feature a Brighton fan, with some knowledge of the pagan history of the Goldstone, as a guest. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Goldstone was the only ground to be built on 'holy ground' as it were. There are other issues we'd love to talk about as well, your impending move to Falmer being one (from the perspective of you guys having a new home that you can begin to imbue with some uniqueness and atmosphere and the challenges that you've had to do so since leaving the old Goldstone).

Another part of this show will be a brief highlights package from the seance we conducted at a flat in the new Highbury development. We were there with our ouijaboard seeing if we could summon the ghost of Herbert Chapman who is said to haunt the place. The rest of that will be available in a podcast from the 31st October.
The pagan history of the Goldstone? Holy ground? I have never, in all my years of following the Albion (since 1966) EVER heard of any 'pagan history'. The Gold Stone itself (in Hove Park) may have been used by pre-Christians for something, but nobody knows as the people involved didn't keep much in the way of records. Frankly any Brighton fan can go on and say what they like (apparently they ritually sacrificed Celtic warriors by what eventually became the front of the North stand) and no one can either prove or disprove it.

CafeCalcio

Oct 21, 2010
The pagan history of the Goldstone? Holy ground? I have never, in all my years of following the Albion (since 1966) EVER heard of any 'pagan history'. The Gold Stone itself (in Hove Park) may have been used by pre-Christians for something, but nobody knows as the people involved didn't keep much in the way of records. Frankly any Brighton fan can go on and say what they like (apparently they ritually sacrificed Celtic warriors by what eventually became the front of the North stand) and no one can either prove or disprove it.

That could be a brand of old wive's tale horseshit that we'd REALLY enjoy pedalling!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Any chance of resurrecting mike bamber and the cup final money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here