Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How much do you want to spend?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
do you have a smart phone? If not, the ipod touch will provide many of it's functions (reliant on an available wifi connection)

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
got 190 quid which is enough for the 1pod classic or a 8gb? touch

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
no dont have a smart phone

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I go for the classic as the battery life is much better than a touch (I've got an iPhone too) and you can fit tons more music on it.

£190 will get you a 160gb and you'll get about 25,000 songs on there.

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
want it for music but have sh!tloads of music on pc my son has a ipod nano so can i nick his music? if so hes got about 200 or so albums

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have an itouch, bought to replace a very old i-pod, went for the 32Gb version which came in at just over £200...so not far off what you have to spend. Have to say that it is absolutely superb, really wanted something with wi-fi to use when I am travelling to access news and e-mail, but much smaller and more convenient than a laptop. There is more than enough room to store shed-loads of music, or other stuff, such as apps to keep you amused on your travels. Admittedly the batterylife isn't phenomenal, think it is about six hours, but that hasn't really proven to be an issue so far.

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
gully is a ipod touch just a smaller cheper version of the i pad?

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
8gb i pod touch would that be ok?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
want it for music but have sh!tloads of music on pc my son has a ipod nano so can i nick his music? if so hes got about 200 or so albums

200 albums would probably come in at around 20gb give or take and on that rough guess 8gb would cover about 80-100 albums. You may want to keep some storage free if you get a touch for the other apps though. If the touch is anything like the iphone then battery life (or lack of it) will really pee you off BUT the touch does have a gazillion more features and aesthetically beats the classic hands down.

the costa love bus

Feb 17, 2010
brighton
thanks buzzer

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Going for the Ipod touch instead of an Ipod classic was a great decision. Hook it up to a wireless connection and it does pretty much everthing an iphone can do.

Buying a classic version is almost as silly as buying a dvd player instead of a blu-ray, unless ALL you want to do is listen to music.

D

Deleted User X18H

Yeah what the hell is it with battery life on the iPhone? I got one a few months ago and LOVE it, but the one black mark is that just walking to and from work listening to music each day takes about half the battery, which is a joke.

Change the settings to 2g when not on line that usually helps.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't have a problem with battery life on my ipod touch (64gb). I listen to it at work instead of a radio and on the cycle into and home from work, so listen for about 8-9 hours a day and that only uses 20% of the battery.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have no problems with battery on Touch, it's excellent. Stretch your budget and get a 32gb Touch, the Classic isn't a patch on it for functionality. I am typing this on mine right now. I have thousands of songs on it, plus the entire series of Fawlty Towers and I've just ripped the movie Jarhead, ideal for boring train journeys, oh and several Albion Roar podcasts. You won't regret it.

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
0.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here