Need some help on suggested routes to Lewes tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I leave work in Windsor around 4.30pm this afternoon and need to know what routes are available in case of dreadful traffic to get to Lewes.

I know there is always the slow 10 miles or so through the M4 / M3 to the other side of the A3 - but I understand that there are roadworks on the A23 - if I am running late is there another route?

Can i get through East Grinstead / Turners Hill / Wych Cross? I know the names of the places but not the route.

Or is it quicker to gamble on the A23 and then go past Falmer on the way to lewes?

Sorry to be a pain but if anyone can help with alternative suggestions it would be great. LAst night I did a dry run and left the office at 4.45pm - it took nearly two hours to get to the A22 (east Grinstead) turn off.

I cannot afford another nightmare like that this time!

Thank you.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
M25
M23
Turn off at Balcome J10a
Follow signs to Haywards Heath and get on to the A272 which is the main road thru town and follow the signs to Lewes. This takes you thru.....
Scaynes Hill
Chailey
Lewes.

You shouldn't have a problem with traffic from the M25. Best of luck.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
your basiclly screwed - most routes can get full up or stuck behind a lorry

could try A24 to cutout a couple of M25 junctions

A24 down past horsham, to where the A272 crosses, then head towards Partridge green, cut over to Hurst / Hassocks then take the Plumton road into Lewes and miss-out the A27

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports