Need advice on ebay, can anyone help?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
Hi there, I've been selling a few things on e bay recently. One of those things is my old Nintendo game cube.

This is the second time I've listed it because this guy keeps bidding for it and winning. In the Ad I clearly state that I only post within the UK - He is from Berlin, Germany.

After explaining it to him that I only do U.K the order was cancelled. I then placed the item back on e bay. However, with the last second of the bidding he has done it again - and I'm feeling very angry at the moment, as to list it is costing £1.70 every time.

All I'm trying to do is make a bit of money and this clown is winding me up - I've tried looking on e bay for help but can't find it!

Does anyone have help or advice for me?! Its needed! It would be very appreciated! :tantrum:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Hi there, I've been selling a few things on e bay recently. One of those things is my old Nintendo game cube.

This is the second time I've listed it because this guy keeps bidding for it and winning. In the Ad I clearly state that I only post within the UK - He is from Berlin, Germany.

After explaining it to him that I only do U.K the order was cancelled. I then placed the item back on e bay. However, with the last second of the bidding he has done it again - and I'm feeling very angry at the moment, as to list it is costing £1.70 every time.

All I'm trying to do is make a bit of money and this clown is winding me up - I've tried looking on e bay for help but can't find it!

Does anyone have help or advice for me?! Its needed! It would be very appreciated! :tantrum:

You can add him as a Blocked Bidder, go to account tab/site preferences/buyer requirements then edit and copy his user name in there and he wont be able to bid on anymore of your items

Last edited:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Open up a dispute with eBay. You'll easily get both your listing fees back if you have clearly said you will only post to the UK and the winning bidder is from outside the UK. Had a similar problem before Christmas and was all sorted fairly quickly.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
On the sold page, at the end of the item details is an arrow with more details on, drop it down and select resolve problem and then I want to cancel. You will then get your final value fees reversed :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
its easy to work out how much it would cost to ship to Berlin so why not put that in the listing, if he pays by paypal it will convert the euros so no problems there either

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What is so difficult about writing a Germany address rather than English one, you can even cut & paste onto a label if necessary, I don't see what the problem is ?
You seem to making extra work for yourself.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Also i think you can offer the item to the second placed bidder.Just contact them and explain what happened and it will save you re listing.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Can I ask why you don't just post to Germany? Sounds like he is willing to pay more than the UK bidders, it's not like he is from Nigeria or anything.

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
just for the reason that I dont! Not a hard thing to read and respect is it?
The guy knows very clearly that I will not post - trying to wind me up, theres no other reason as I've already told him once.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
just for the reason that I dont! Not a hard thing to read and respect is it?
The guy knows very clearly that I will not post - trying to wind me up, theres no other reason as I've already told him once.

What is so difficult about writing a Germany address rather than English one, you can even cut & paste onto a label if necessary, I don't see what the problem is ?
You seem to making extra work for yourself.

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
well I can't be doing with the bollocks. The item sold for £38.00 - I just use royal mail, its quick and simple! which he knows as I've told him before but he's requested that I use Fedex uk - has in the first instance the won and gave me his account number - so I dont really know what I'm doing in regard to that!

But when the item description says in big, bold red lettering I ONLY POST WITHIN THE UK - is that so hard to understand?! This isn't a business for me, just want to get rid of a few things and make a little pocket money?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports