Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Need a new TV

Mar 13, 2008
Mines had it. The day COD comes out and my tv fucks up. Not a happy bunny. So I need a new one. Got £300-£500 to spend. What brands should I be looking at or any suggestions?

Ta. X.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Panasonic is the way forward :thumbsup:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
May be shot down in flames for this, but if you re not hooked up on brand names, the Technika TVs from Tesco are really decent quality at a good price.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The price of big full HD TVs has fallen through the floor. For £500 today you'll get something very decent.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the big makes to be honest. I haven't tried the cheaper supermarket brands but have heard good things about them too. For £300-£500 though so should be able to get a top notch branded make at a decent size. Are you wanting 3D?

I'm no expert, but I looked and bought one in January within your price range (I think we paid c£380). I read around a lot and at that time Samsung were reckoned to be the best quality in that price range. I would recommend going into a shop to look at the various options (maybe after coming up with a shortlist based on reviews first) as I found that really helped me to work out the differences between the different technical specifications and picture qualities.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You can't go far wrong with a Panasonic. Unless you're watching a lot of Blu-ray or gaming, then HD Ready is fine for broadcast HD channels such as BBC HD etc.

LCD, LED, Plamsa - difference...

D

Deleted member 18477

LG tv's are decent. got a 37" LED 1080p for about £320 from PLAY.COM. thats right, i shopped at PLAY.COM... not Amazon. Amazon on this occasion were more expensive.

LED smart TV's with 3D capability are the future though. Not sure if your get one thats of good screen size (37"+) for £500 or less though.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Get down to Richer Sounds in London Road. Loads of quality LCD and Plasma's. Really cheap too

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
White TVs with min surround are the only way forward, Shiny black that doesn't match your decor & means looking at reflections is SO last year...Samsung 6510? Full HD 400hz Clear Motion (sharp footy) LED 3D 40 inch SMART White surround TV is sensational, all my guests RAVE over it

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We've just bought a 3D one, 50 inches, only £500, it's mega.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
May be shot down in flames for this, but if you re not hooked up on brand names, the Technika TVs from Tesco are really decent quality at a good price.

This, due to money restrictions I have a 24" Technika TV and had no issues with it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The price of big full HD TVs has fallen through the floor. For £500 today you'll get something very decent.

The people we are buying a house from want to sell us their TV/DVD system for £600 and I'm not sure whether it is a good price or not... they are nice people and from the prices they are asking for other stuff I'm guessing it is a fair price but I'm not sure...

Need more details I know but it is a Panasonic 50" telly mounted on a wall bracket with a separate, rather flashy (Bang & Olufsen type sliding doors affair) DVD player underneath... speakers included too... does £600 sound about right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here