Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nearly bought a ticket for today's match but

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes it'll suit many,but also plenty it doesn't suit...Many can live with £32,but £42 is just bloody ridiculous in the championship and no doubt many prem clubs are cheaper.
The £42 tickets are aimed at people who can afford them without worrying (like the £42 bottles of wine on a restaurant menu).

Anyone who wanted to see the Norwich game for far less has had, and still has, ample opportunity.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The £42 tickets are aimed at people who can afford them without worrying (like the £42 bottles of wine on a restaurant menu).

Anyone who wanted to see the Norwich game for far less has had, and still has, ample opportunity.
I wouldn't pay £42 for a bottle of wine either.

:)

It's not a dig at the club, just football in general. It was £50 for my 10 year old son and I to watch the Cardiff match a few weeks ago. It's too much.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Yeah agree although nearly 70% of the stadium is expensive tickets East and West....Guess that's the way footy is going :(

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My nearly top price season ticket at £650 for the 23 home games next season works out at just over £28 game...That for me is 23 days entertainment which I consider reasonable...£42 does sound expensive...get a season ticket whilst you still can.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Reports of a likely 29000 crowd suggests the club got the pricing more or less right.......and tickets still available at £32 inc travel for anyone who wants one.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
£42 seats down the front are over-priced, especially in the rain. £28 season ticket price is only just about OK. Probably wise they did not increase it.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I wouldn't pay £42 for a bottle of wine either.

:)

It's not a dig at the club, just football in general. It was £50 for my 10 year old son and I to watch the Cardiff match a few weeks ago. It's too much.

Of course it is - I'm sitting today out too, the first game I've missed since moving back: it's not the only reason but the amount they're charging even for the cheap seats is simply just too expensive for 90 minutes, IMHO. And to point that Arsenal seats cost more still as a defence is, erm, interesting. Not sure that argument holds too much water.

Of course, one might cop some grief for not "donating" enough money to the club so then they - reluctantly - have to sell Dunk to Everton or some such guff. But I just see it as exercising one's right as a customer.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thought I'd pop along and support the local small club today.

Picked up a ticket for North stand for £32 but they wanted £1.50 TO COLLECT IT IN PERSON

Is it even legal to charge an "admin fee" that requires absolutely no admin?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
My nearly top price season ticket at £650 for the 23 home games next season works out at just over £28 game...That for me is 23 days entertainment which I consider reasonable...£42 does sound expensive...get a season ticket whilst you still can.
Yes my ticket is £715.00 a season which works out at £31.08 per game including travel option, expensive, but not exorbitant i work hard for my money and don't drink so this is my one real personal expense, I realise all peoples circumstances are different ie my children have all grown up and flown the nest as it were, house paid for etc, so i do have a fair amount of disposable income but even so £31 quid a game in west lower c area isn't too bad although i think match by match prices are a bit steep, so buy a season ticket if you can, save money and support our local team whats not to like ?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Thought I'd pop along and support the local small club today.

Picked up a ticket for North stand for £32 but they wanted £1.50 TO COLLECT IT IN PERSON

Is it even legal to charge an "admin fee" that requires absolutely no admin?

I don't know whose turn it is to explain this YET AGAIN but here goes. The cost of your ticket is £32 the additional charge is the fee the club pay to the software owners whose system they use to issue it. They call it transparent pricing, most theatres, clubs, gigs use it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't know whose turn it is to explain this YET AGAIN but here goes. The cost of your ticket is £32 the additional charge is the fee the club pay to the software owners whose system they use to issue it. They call it transparent pricing, most theatres, clubs, gigs use it.

That is appalling. If I go into WHSmith and buy a newspaper I don't expect to or actually receive an itemised receipt detailing how much the software cost to process the transaction or how much the staff member cost per minute assisting me! Only in football in rip-off Britain could apologists excuse this kind of rip-off.

To summarise; IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM THAT IT COSTS THEM £1.50 TO USE THEIR SOFTWARE, I AM THE CUSTOMER

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
That is appalling. If I go into WHSmith and buy a newspaper I don't expect to or actually receive an itemised receipt detailing how much the software cost to process the transaction or how much the staff member cost per minute assisting me! Only in football in rip-off Britain could apologists excuse this kind of rip-off.

To summarise; IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM THAT IT COSTS THEM £1.50 TO USE THEIR SOFTWARE, I AM THE CUSTOMER

Then your ticket would be £33.50.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No, £32 is plenty to watch a second division team with no prospect of success this season

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

And YET AGAIN someone has to explain that for gigs, theatre shows ,etc the venue, the artiste(s), the promoter and the ticket agency can be FOUR separate organisations, all having to make their bit out of your purchase. If you buy a ticket for a Brighton football match only ONE organisation is involved. They might have to pay a commission on for the ticketing software, but they also have to pay for other overheads like light and heat. Why only pass on only one overhead? (Answer: Because they can say that 'everybody does it' and enough people are dumb enough to swallow it).

And just to join in with the general thread, like some others I feel £29.50 is too much to pay to watch a (virtually) meaningless 2nd-tier football match. I can afford it, but I can't justify it to myself. Still there's apparently a big enough crowd who don't think like that so I won't be missed.

Up the Albion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here