Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Villain, hero, hero ….. the striker’s lot. But two great goals for two great points. Very well done!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The Palace goal was one thing but for me the boy has now elevated himself to Murray and Zamora levels after that today!

Anyone who scores a 99th minute equaliser against that lot is a hero for life to me, he can miss as many as he likes now!

He actually played okay today in a very poor overall team performance. However, he did miss an absolute sitter as well, thank goodness he came through.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Forget the away fans, your primary job after scoring an equaliser, when we had 10 men, in the 98th minute is to shithouse as many home fans as possible. Job well and truly DONE (again). Brilliant :D

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Criticise his finishing all you like, this lad never gives up

Yup. He NEVER gives up. Added together, the points earned from his refusal to give up when all seemed lost have been worth an extra victory

Palace 90+5'
:goal:

West Ham 87'

Southampton 90+8'

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yup. He NEVER gives up. Added together, the points earned from his refusal to give up when all seemed lost have been worth an extra victory

Palace 90+5'

West Ham 87'

Southampton 90+8'

V Arsenal - 19/20 - 90+5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’ll let him off with the “sitter” as the ball was played slightly behind him, making him check his stride.

The goal? Class. It took a few replays for me to really admire the touch taken to control the ball before firing it home. It took a few more for me to realise he’d looked up to check JWP’s position and clock he was well onside, giving him the time to place the final shot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ll let him off with the “sitter” as the ball was played slightly behind him, making him check his stride.

The goal? Class. It took a few replays for me to really admire the touch taken to control the ball before firing it home. It took a few more for me to realise he’d looked up to check JWP’s position and clock he was well onside, giving him the time to place the final shot.

He talks about this in the immediate post-match interview with BBC Radio Sussex - he checked and knew JWP was playing him onside, and he’d looked around and knew he had time to take a touch before shooting……..fantastic awareness and intelligence

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Said it before and I’ll say it again the man is a natural goal scorer. Give him a nanosecond to size up an opportunity and he’ll gobble
up the chance.

Give him seconds to think about it and he struggles. Somehow we just have to play to that strength more often, play deeper in the final third, take more long range shots that could be spilled etc and he’ll be there to pac man his way through those chances.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Said it before and I’ll say it again the man is a natural goal scorer. Give him a nanosecond to size up an opportunity and he’ll gobble
up the chance.

Give him seconds to think about it and he struggles. Somehow we just have to play to that strength more often, play deeper in the final third, take more long range shots that could be spilled etc and he’ll be there to pac man his way through those chances.

Given the chances he misses, definitely not a natural goalscorer.

But, no one can doubt that he does have ability.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Natural goalscorers aren't consistently tackling on the edge of their own penalty area.
Setting up attacks in midfield.
Marauding down either wing.

Imagine pairing that player WITH a natural goalscorer!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Surely there is a big difference between clinical and natural goal scoring? Harry Kane (28) & Mo Salah (29) appear clinical in that they score all types of goals most of the time, whereas Neal (25) appears to produce worldies with natural nonchalance but can also wield the banjo at the cow’s arse and miss… Often. He’s definitely a natural goalscorer but not (yet) a clinical one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here