Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Been meaning to ask, as wasn't clear on TV, but why did Neal get a yellow after the goal?

It's all in the Laws. A clear breach of Regulation 17.4 :nono:

"Should any player, either directly or indirectly, engage in an activity that makes a mockery of the broadcast partner's pre-determined narrative that one team will be incapable of registering a goal even if they played all night (for example, but not limited to, scoring a wordly by means of an overhead kick in the last minute), that player will receive a formal caution."

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
63584feedbac4b6cdf0565351aafea45.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's all in the Laws. A clear breach of Regulation 17.4 :nono:

"Should any player, either directly or indirectly, engage in an activity that makes a mockery of the broadcast partner's pre-determined narrative that one team will be incapable of registering a goal even if they played all night (for example, but not limited to, scoring a wordly by means of an overhead kick in the last minute), that player will receive a formal caution."

:lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I love our Neal. Yes, he's not a clinical striker, not yet anyway, we can see that now, but my god he keeps his head up, keeps going. Keeps getting in good positions, keeps working his ass off, keeps putting himself in the thick of it.

I dont think it's a coincidence that his three technically best goals for Brighton are all right at the death, the winner against Arsenal and the equalisers against Palace and West Ham, he doesn't let his head drop. Top attributes right there.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think that in future games, when he is on goal, he should about face and do an overhead kick.
More chance of scoring that way.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Criticise his finishing all you like, this lad never gives up

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Two away games, two goals, two points :bowdown:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Only Liverpool and Leicester have a player who's scored more Prem goals this season.

He's score 6 of the 12 we've got in the games he's played in.

Remarkable

He’s flavour of the month again but may go through a lean spell again, who knows on past performance it could happen. We just have to keep remembering he’s a bloody fine player and will come good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here