Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
He really needs a song that gets a regular outing at games. I'm sure if he felt the same love that is clearly and vocally given to other players it'd help his confidence sometimes.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Let’s not forget the trust shown to him by Potter. That was a master stroke.

Potter is so consistent, trusting, confidence-inspiring and he puts us all to shame with his positivity.

What a goal!! What a character, rightly being rewarded for his attitude, strength and honesty. He’s back!

Let’s not forget that Glenn Murray used to go on runs of goals. He also used to see gluts of goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Got unfairly dropped after a tactical change at Liverpool. Missed a good chance at the weekend. Massive two fingers up to those who doubted him tonight.

Love him. He is not the problem the supporting act are. Other than trossard and the missing Welbeck where the **** are they.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got unfairly dropped after a tactical change at Liverpool. Missed a good chance at the weekend. Massive two fingers up to those who doubted him tonight.

Love him. He is not the problem the supporting act are. Other than trossard and the missing Welbeck where the **** are they.

Other than Locadia, mostly out on loan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Moder, lallana, gross, biss, March. Not a sniff from any of them. I like Moder but missed another sitter tonight. It’s not fair it’s all put of Maupay.

Fair enough - but of those I expect ZERO goal returns from Gross (slowest player in the PL) or Lallana (worst shooter in the PL). Moder, Biss and March might chip in occasionally.

But Maupay - its his JOB. Lamptey put two on a plate for him against Leeds, and we all saw the result. Hopefully that worldy tonight will kick-start him into tucking away the routine finishes, where at the very least he should be working the keeper.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fair enough - but of those I expect ZERO goal returns from Gross (slowest player in the PL) or Lallana (worst shooter in the PL). Moder, Biss and March might chip in occasionally.

But Maupay - its his JOB. Lamptey put two on a plate for him against Leeds, and we all saw the result. Hopefully that worldy tonight will kick-start him into tucking away the routine finishes, where at the very least he should be working the keeper.

You expect the core of our team to not score a goal all season.

There’s your problem. Mental.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
5 in 14 (only played 12/13 though). That's 13 a season if he carries on. Bargain.

Agreed - but still don't forgive Potter for dropping him when he was 4 in 9 where he was benched for 3 games (I Think?)

But glad he is proving fans and perhaps Potter wrong when he scores goals like that.

And like you say 5 in 14 (11 starts) is a decent return so far, so keep going Neal

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Moder, lallana, gross, biss, March. Not a sniff from any of them. I like Moder but missed another sitter tonight. It’s not fair it’s all put of Maupay.

It's a totally fair comment.

Neal is about par this season for where he should be in terms of the chances he's had (though of course, he has scored the harder ones and missed the easy ones)

The defence haven't contributed loads, just Shane I think. But to be fair, they're defenders. Again the midfield is letting us down. Only Mwepu has no case to answer

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Unlucky not to have an assist with the through ball to Moder. I've been critical of his lack of general quality, but that was an excellent pass and the goal was his usual instinctive quality in the box. 1 in 3 is fine, that would get him to double figures in the PL and that would get us comfortable in the table.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What I just find baffling is how he misses such simple chances, Leeds and Norwich being recent examples, proper sitters, but then he scores goals like that and the one against Palace. The definition of an enigma!

All strikers miss what look like simple chances. Ask Palace about Benteke's miss against Leeds on Tuesday, or Vardy's last night v Southampton. We think its just him. It isn't.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Comes across really well in his interviews.

He really does. I loved the one the other month after Palace, when he was speaking to his hero Thierry Henry in French and they just left him nattering on for what felt like about 15 minutes!

Top bloke who – quite rightly, IMO – ignores all the negativity around him and just gets on with it.

He was also great in the FIFA(?) tournament that the players had during lockdown. I found myself becoming like the Bobkin Jnrs and watching someone play a computer game on the computer :lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He actually referred to himself by his full name so it is Mo-pay. None of this commentator getting clever bollocks with More-pie. The bloke himself says it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a totally fair comment.

Neal is about par this season for where he should be in terms of the chances he's had (though of course, he has scored the harder ones and missed the easy ones)

The defence haven't contributed loads, just Shane I think. But to be fair, they're defenders. Again the midfield is letting us down. Only Mwepu has no case to answer

Tough crowd.

I am absolutely loving our football this season. It is unquestionably the best I have ever seen from us in 52 year's of watching. Maupay is part of that. I have absolutely no inclination to find players to point a finger at.

I was also thinking these last few weeks that, if we decide we will add a 'proven' striker in the window, what sort of proven striker would we go for? And, yes, I can see we need to score more goals. Big and fast? Lukaku type, or Wilson type (poor man's Lukaku type)? Perhaps. But if so it won't be a 'proven' striker (these are the absolute top end of the price range), it will be an unknown 19 year old African. Or do we want a small nippy type? A Messi. These are as rare as rocking horse shit. This isn't idle musing because I would imagine the club has been having versions of this conversation for the last four years.

In the meantime, that was great, last night, and sleepy Sanchez notwithstanding (and he saved us repeatedly later on) that was a proper game. Two proper first division teams, and we were one of them. My mate Bob said to me 'Brighton look like they belong in this division, now'. He wasn't saying that a year ago. Yes, I know that wanting more is part of the human condition, and rightly so, but FFS let's enjoy this! :lolol: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here