Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Rough translation from school day French:

Followed by several premier league clubs, notably the newly promoted Shef Utd and Aston Villa, Neal Maupay is at last stepping up a level with Brighton, barring any unlikely turnaround.The 22 year old is signing a four year contract with the club who had another Frenchman, AK, playing for them last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
L’Equipe this morning has something about Maupay and Brighton? Google translate not much good but something about en route to Brighton on 4 year contract?

That's a shame.

Another shitehouse signing.

Booooooo.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Are we all happy with this? Feels like a good signing, but our budget (seems ridiculous to say this) puts us in the bracket who have to take more risks with signings. No proof that he'll thrive at Prem level, but better this gamble than solely rely on the legendary, but ageing, GM or Potter's ability to convert last seasons crop of signings. My guess is that he'll do well. Pace counts in the Prem.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Mercato - Brighton: Maupay is getting closer The French player will leave the Championship , and his club Brentford , for the Premier League . According to information from France Football , Neal Maupay will engage for four seasons with Brighton, 17th in the English league last season. Followed by Aston Villa and Sheffield United , the former player of AS Saint-Etienne opted for the Seagulls. Except " improbable turnaround ", according to the media, the 22-year-old striker, author of 25 goals in 43 games of Championship last year, will discover the Premier League. The amount of the transfer did not filter. - Source: Topmercato.com - Article: http://www.topmercato.com/204468,1/brighton---maupay-se-rapproche.html

http://www.topmercato.com/204468,1/brighton---maupay-se-rapproche.html

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Hasn't played any pre-season friendlies due to transfer talk. If he signs, Hughton would have integrated him till January! Big chance for Potter to show his colours!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hasn't played any pre-season friendlies due to transfer talk. If he signs, Hughton would have integrated him till January! Big chance for Potter to show his colours!

In that regard he's only a few weeks behind the rest of the squad, all of whom only recently walked into a brave new dawn.

As much as it's not ideal it's still better than joining late a settled squad all going through the same old same old.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Are we all happy with this? Feels like a good signing, but our budget (seems ridiculous to say this) puts us in the bracket who have to take more risks with signings. No proof that he'll thrive at Prem level, but better this gamble than solely rely on the legendary, but ageing, GM or Potter's ability to convert last seasons crop of signings. My guess is that he'll do well. Pace counts in the Prem.

I am very happy with this if it comes off. I watched Brentford a couple of times last year and was very impressed by his movement and finishing. I think at long last we may have someone who is more prolific in the area (disregarding Murray who has always been another class for us).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Will be a good signing. Can see him and Andone being similar in what they offer though. Let’s hope he hits the ground running. Now a CM on loan and a right back who can play wing back pls, assuming this is done.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Twitter is an amusing read. Type Maupay and it's mostly the French report of him coming to Brighton interspersed with Villa fans claiming it's no problem and now they can concentrate on their 'real targets' as 'if Smith wanted him, he would be here'. That's apart from those Villa fans who are unaware of the latest reports and who are still saying they are desperate for him to sign.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Amusing to see Villa fans on Twitter, who for so long have been convinced that Maupay will go there just because of the Dean Smith connection, now bending over backwards to say that they obviously never wanted him anyway and have bigger targets in mind.

If this is confirmed, I for one will be very happy with it. Add a right back/right wing back before the window SLAMS shut and I think we're in as good a place as could realistically be expected.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Amusing to see Villa fans on Twitter, who for so long have been convinced that Maupay will go there just because of the Dean Smith connection, now bending over backwards to say that they obviously never wanted him anyway and have bigger targets in mind.

If this is confirmed, I for one will be very happy with it. Add a right back/right wing back before the window SLAMS shut and I think we're in as good a place as could realistically be expected.

The arrogance of Villa fans is astounding. I can remember when Calderwood went there, there was loads on Twitter ‘when the villa come calling’ etc etc like it was a given. Big club, yes. Struggled on pitch and been behind BHA for 5 years - yes!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The arrogance of Villa fans is astounding. I can remember when Calderwood went there, there was loads on Twitter ‘when the villa come calling’ etc etc like it was a given. Big club, yes. Struggled on pitch and been behind BHA for 5 years - yes!
Don’t want a 15 goal a season PL striker of course they do .

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Great post [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here