Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I feel like in recent games we have missed the pressure Maupay puts on CB’s by closing them down, especially in the last 30 minutes when Welbs is clearly knackered,

So, we shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He can’t hold the ball up like Murray could like Welbeck can. That is what relieves pressure. You’ve seen our results with Maupay/without Maupay :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why? He’s played 0 minutes out of 360 so far this season.

We play 1 real centre forward these days and he’s probably 3rd or 4th choice at best after Welbeck, Undav and probably Trossard. Not to mention Ferguson.

We don’t need him, personally I don’t think he’s good enough for this team anymore and I’d much rather we got £15m for him now rather than £0 next summer.

This.

And also, remembering the two post-match down-the-tunnel flounces and the current lack of engagement, to quote Felix Leiter:

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it’s enemy action. :shrug:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Toffee Talk message board have as expected a mixed reaction from fans.

"Honestly I'm so depressed at how miserable the last year has been with this club and the fact we don't have a striker, I'll take this.
Am I thrilled by this signing? Absolutely not in the slightest. Is he a striker, and have some people have been joking (or have they?) about putting Keane up top for us? Yes. So get him in"

"Not impressed with this at all, never going to run away from anyone, needs too many chances before he converts, if we have lost Charlie, hard worker fast and scores, and we are about to lose Gordon, and this is their replacement, a younger Rondon, then we have gone backwards again.
We are in the final week of the transfer market, and this is pure desperation"

"I think he is one of the worst strikers in the prem. He’s terrible. I’m hoping this is a joke"

"He's a major dickspring, and doesn't have the skills to back it up. I'd be a bit dissapointed with this one to be honest and would rather get Che Adams (who I also don't really rate)"

"I don’t think he’s a good fit for the team Frank is trying to build, Ive heard that he is an agitator in the dressing room, hence him not getting too much playing time at Brighton."

This one has hit the nail on the head though for me, and why I will miss Neal
"He will 100% be a cult hero here as he is a master of the dark arts - he’ll get in the opposition’s faces and wind them up - from experience that really gets Goodison going. Yes, he’ll need to score a few but his effort and general shithousery will endear him to the fans."

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He has been our top scorer for the last three seasons; what a ridiculous post by you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. He has served his purpose and I wish him well.

As we are now aiming for top half finishes we need someone a little more clinical AND prolific.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Toffee Talk message board have as expected a mixed reaction

This one has hit the nail on the head though for me, and why I will miss Neal
"He will 100% be a cult hero here as he is a master of the dark arts - he’ll get in the opposition’s faces and wind them up - from experience that really gets Goodison going. Yes, he’ll need to score a few but his effort and general shithousery will endear him to the fans."
Although Richarlison was much better at it and a far better player.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not at all. He has served his purpose and I wish him well.

As we are now aiming for top half finishes we need someone a little more clinical AND prolific.

We do NEED that but expect the club aren’t aiming to sign that type of player. Kouame is 24 and not prolific. Most recent season with Anderlecht yielded 8 goals. We’re just reducing the age of the similar type of player to maximise potential and possible resale value.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The closest player to a 26 year old Glenn Murray is 26 year old Patrick Schick. Problem is, he’d be £75m and £125k a week and wouldn’t get to play CL footy.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So Welbeck and Trossard will be first choice with Undav and maybe Unal or Kouame as the back ups. & Ferguson/Enciso a possibility if they're not loaned out. I guess that makes sense.

Sort of sad to see Maupay go, but we're so much better with Welbeck starting. I guess it makes sense seeing as the options going forward are either sell him for £15m now, let him go for free next summer, or sign him up to a new contract even though his game time will be limited.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Toffee Talk message board have as expected a mixed reaction from fans.

"Not impressed with this at all, never going to run away from anyone, needs too many chances before he converts, if we have lost Charlie, hard worker fast and scores, and we are about to lose Gordon, and this is their replacement, a younger Rondon, then we have gone backwards again.
We are in the final week of the transfer market, and this is pure desperation"

I'm not convinced that this one, has ever seen Neal Maupay play.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
If Welbeck gets injured we are royally screwed.

We have to have someone lined up if we allow Maupay to leave.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Welbeck gets injured we are royally screwed.

We have to have someone lined up if we allow Maupay to leave.

We have Undav and I have given up worrying and thinking that I know more than the powers that be at the Albion regarding players :wink:

I did it for decades :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here