Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think we play a lot better as a team with Welbeck rather than Maupay. I don’t think there is much between them in terms of goal conversion but Danny does a lot more for the team, higher up the pitch. Maupay just drops into midfield where as Danny tests opposition centre backs with his top level pace, movement, strength and aerial ability.

If we sign this Christian guy, you might have to get used to the fact that our forwards aren’t going to get the majority of the goals for us. Citeh and Arsenal fans have had this for a while. It kind of makes sense when you look at our recent form (including the end of last season) with Danny in the team. We are a top six side with him. Not so much with Maupay.

I feel like in recent games we have missed the pressure Maupay puts on CB’s by closing them down, especially in the last 30 minutes when Welbs is clearly knackered,

So, we shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If he scores against us in the 93rd minute I'll be bloomin' livid.

And, let’s face it, that is more likely than any of our other strikers doing so for us

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

Why? He’s played 0 minutes out of 360 so far this season.

We play 1 real centre forward these days and he’s probably 3rd or 4th choice at best after Welbeck, Undav and probably Trossard. Not to mention Ferguson.

We don’t need him, personally I don’t think he’s good enough for this team anymore and I’d much rather we got £15m for him now rather than £0 next summer.

We beat a terrible Man Utd, blank against Newcastle at home & 2-0 against a West Ham on 0 points. Welbeck ‘our main striker’ yet to score, I’m not entirely convinced this isn’t bit of a false dawn but let see how the next 3 or 4 games go

Saying Undav is ridiculous when you’ve probably not even seen him play.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
We beat a terrible Man Utd, blank against Newcastle at home & 2-0 against a West Ham on 0 points. Welbeck ‘our main striker’ yet to score, I’m not entirely convinced this isn’t bit of a false dawn but let see how the next 3 or 4 games go

Suggesting Undav is ahead of Maupay in the pecking order going into this season is “ridiculous”?

No-one knows at this stage whether he’ll be better or worse than him but I think it’s fairly clear who the club are backing based on just about every sign we have to go on so far.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

This is spot on. The lack of understanding by the anti Maupay league on here is, frankly, astonishing

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Suggesting Undav is ahead of Maupay in the pecking order going into this season is “ridiculous”?

No-one knows at this stage whether he’ll be better or worse than him but I think it’s fairly clear who the club are backing based on just about every sign we have to go on so far.

Obviously somethings gone on and he’s in the last year of his contract which skews things. But interesting that they both got the same amount of pre season minutes , and less than Welbeck. You’d have thought Undav should have at least got more than Maupay if he was indeed in front of him

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Some of us use our own brains rather than a few clues offered by the club

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Liverpool Echo reporting rumours that Everton are interested in Maupay now.

Although the Echo will publish any old crap as clickbait, so highly unreliable.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Obviously somethings gone on and he’s in the last year of his contract which skews things. But interesting that they both got the same amount of pre season minutes , and less than Welbeck. You’d have thought Undav should have at least got more than Maupay if he was indeed in front of him
I’ll admit I was expecting Undav to see a few more minutes in pre-season than he did given the adjustment period required for him vs our forwards who’ve been here a while. But the complete lack of involvement for Maupay in either the league or league cup trumps any signs you could glean from pre-season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ll admit I was expecting Undav to see a few more minutes in pre-season than he did given the adjustment period required for him vs our forwards who’ve been here a while. But the complete lack of involvement for Maupay in either the league or league cup trumps any signs you could glean from pre-season.

Indeed but that is more than circumstance than anything I’d guess. The same as Cucurella ‘calf strain’ that stopped him playing the last friendly.

It is what it is however but I’m still not 100% we are any stronger than last season in front of goal

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Nothing to do what I think about Undav, it's pretty obvious that's what the coaches think.

And to be a pedant, I was at Reading and Espanyol so yes I have seen him play.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Liverpool Echo reporting rumours that Everton are interested in Maupay now.

Although the Echo will publish any old crap as clickbait, so highly unreliable.

£15m - he’s having a medical as I type this. It’ll be confirmed by the end of today; they want him available for their game tomorrow at Brentford, and the registration cut off is at midday.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
£15m - he’s having a medical as I type this. It’ll be confirmed by the end of today; they want him available for their game tomorrow at Brentford, and the registration cut off is at midday.

is this your sauce...

Attachments

• 1764P__46815.jpg
    1764P__46815.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 215

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Makes sense.

Players often score against former clubs but with Calvert-Lewin crocked, he is a clear 1st choice anyway.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Yes it is. However, a better bargain would be Maupay for £7m in January or on a free in about 10 months.

I don't think Everton can wait that long these days. They have started as they left off last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here