Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Guessing Everton have given up on Che Adams then, Hassenhuttl was pretty clear he wasn’t going anywhere.

That is a great move for Neal. I know Everton are crap at the moment and they have a really poor manager but they are a big club, bigger than most including probably Maupay himself thought he would end up at.

I do think it’s definitely the right time for him to leave us from both sides but he could make himself a hero there, the fans will love his attitude and shithousery and add a few goals, they’ll love him. Good luck to him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The idea that Everton want our second choice players is enjoyable.

I hope our price goes up each time Neal tells a Forest or a Fulham to **** off and then the next EPL team comes crawling for him. Everton should be paying an absolute premium for him.

He’d be their 2nd best striker and would play every week due to Calvert-Lewin’s seemingly new perma-crock status.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This only happens if we bring someone else in right?

Why? He’s played 0 minutes out of 360 so far this season.

We play 1 real centre forward these days and he’s probably 3rd or 4th choice at best after Welbeck, Undav and probably Trossard. Not to mention Ferguson.

We don’t need him, personally I don’t think he’s good enough for this team anymore and I’d much rather we got £15m for him now rather than £0 next summer.

Jimmy Grimble

Be a shame if he goes. Time is definitely still on his side to become more prolific at this level.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mixed views on Everton Twitter, seems some can’t adjust to their current plight but view seems to be he’s better than Rondon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On grandoldteam they (reluctantly) see him as purely squad backup to DCL, just for one season. Fat Frank only plays 1 up.

I thought Maupay’s gripe was not being our starter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

We play 1 real centre forward these days and he’s probably 3rd or 4th choice at best after Welbeck, Undav and probably Trossard. Not to mention Ferguson.

We don’t need him, personally I don’t think he’s good enough for this team anymore and I’d much rather we got £15m for him now rather than £0 next summer.

Trossard"s already playing.
Undav is unknown.
Welbeck's not playing 38 games.
Ferguson needs to be on loan for at least 2 seasons.

It really shouldn't need spelling out.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I doubt that's a deal breaker, but Maupay leaving would increase the likelyhood of bringing in another player.

That and the £150m that's been banked over the last 12 months! :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That and the £150m that's been banked over the last 12 months! [emoji38]
The suggestion that Naylor came up with is Christian Kouame - and even then other sources have suggested a dreaded loan so we can try before buy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The suggestion that Naylor came up with is Christian Kouame - and even then other sources have suggested a dreaded loan so we can try before buy.

Good idea.

The last thing we need is a striker who scores goals.
That'll completely unsettle the balance of the whole squad.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If the moneys available why make life more difficult than it needs to be, get a Welbeck type through the door asap. The Turk looks a good option the Florence lad is the cheap option.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This only happens if we bring someone else in right?

This is the crucial point. And not just someone. A striker who will contribute about 10 goals a season minimum

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

He has been our top scorer for the last three seasons; what a ridiculous post by you

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Trossard"s already playing.
Undav is unknown.
Welbeck's not playing 38 games.
Ferguson needs to be on loan for at least 2 seasons.

It really shouldn't need spelling out.

Spot on

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Good idea.

The last thing we need is a striker who scores goals.
That'll completely unsettle the balance of the whole squad.

Lol [emoji23]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

True. But is GP correct?

I think we play a lot better as a team with Welbeck rather than Maupay. I don’t think there is much between them in terms of goal conversion but Danny does a lot more for the team, higher up the pitch. Maupay just drops into midfield where as Danny tests opposition centre backs with his top level pace, movement, strength and aerial ability.

If we sign this Christian guy, you might have to get used to the fact that our forwards aren’t going to get the majority of the goals for us. Citeh and Arsenal fans have had this for a while. It kind of makes sense when you look at our recent form (including the end of last season) with Danny in the team. We are a top six side with him. Not so much with Maupay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here