Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Happy if he goes only if replaced

Undav could be decent but potentially puts us back to our crap striker situation again , praying for no suspensions and injuries

Chuck some money on a replacement to compete with undav and hopefully welbeck

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed. Aspinall has seen something and rightly or wrongly it has irked him.

Simple as that :shrug:

Seemingly it's irked and irked and irked and irked and irked him despite nobody at the club drawing attention to it and Maupay being nothing if not consistent.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Seemingly it's irked and irked and irked and irked and irked him despite nobody at the club drawing attention to it and Maupay being nothing if not consistent.

Do you think the club would openly draw attention to it? Just because they're not does not mean it isn't an issue. It's a team game and Maupay needs to show he wants to part of that team. It comes across as sulky petulance and it would be a shame if it brings about his departure as I think he has a role to play.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
But he's not playing up.

He does this every week, and every week posters and WA somehow seem surprised.

The levels of neediness on here re Maupay is frankly pathetic.
I totally agree.
Nobody on here really knows what is going on with NM, or if there is any issues with him.
It's typical of NSC to feed off the negativity of any alleged NM drama.
People on here have very short memories, as not so long ago, we had another fiery Frenchman in Knockaert, who had fans divided in his attitudes.
Leave NM alone and focus on positivity.
All IMO of course.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you think the club would openly draw attention to it? Just because they're not does not mean it isn't an issue. It's a team game and Maupay needs to show he wants to part of that team. It comes across as sulky petulance and it would be a shame if it brings about his departure as I think he has a role to play.

There may well be an issue.
NM might have had an almighty bust up with GPott.
He might be gone in the Summer.
Then some truth might come out.

BUT WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

Posters are suggesting Warren is concentrating more on Maupay than the players on the pitch.
Albion fans on this thread seem to be doing much the same.

Shearer was talking to Peter Crouch about being on the bench, a couple of weeks ago.
They both said how much they hated it.
They wanted their team to win but under no circumstances did they want the striker to score.
Neither could celebrate a fellow centre forward scoring while they sat on the bench.

It's what they do.

To read this thread many would be driving Alan Shearer anywhere away from Lancing.

With everything finally pointing in the right direction I just don't understand why some seem to be getting off fixating on what a not playing substitute does.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the pitch for the subs run-downs immediately after the game. Smiling, waving to the away fans, applauding when his song was sung and joking with the other players.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, a non story then?

Yes, but...as a Frenchman he needs to show how grateful he is to be given an opportunity to improve himself at our club.

Nipping down the tunnel for a quick Donald* before the final whistle is simply disrespectful.

We all know that Aspinall is the heartbeat of the club, and a man with impeccable judgement, so I will leave it there ???

:facepalm: :shootself:

*I meant he famous new cockney rhyme: Trump: Dump. Not Duck.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the pitch for the subs run-downs immediately after the game. Smiling, waving to the away fans, applauding when his song was sung and joking with the other players.

But this isn't a witch-hunt. :rolleyes:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Something definitely amiss, this is not normal :shrug:

Expect absolutely no insight from GP though. I haven’t heard a single negative comment about any players since he was appointed. If there is a problem it will be sorted internally.

On the contrary Andy Naylor has reported this.

Graham Potter, asked why the unused Neal Maupay disappeared down the tunnel ten minutes before the final whistle: "I have no idea, but I would imagine because we'd made our three subs I think he went to the toilet.
"He came back at the end. Sometimes that happens.“

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No respect

[tweet]1525913273564119041[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Neal Maupay...What Does He Actually Do?

No idea why so many of our fans (and Warren) need a ‘hate’ figure ? Did it to Barnes and now Maupay. Very odd ‘support’

I think Warren also made a thing after Southampton ? That Maupay went straight down the tunnel after the whistle - he did with all the unused subs , only the used players & coaches / manager went around the pitch giving a round of applause

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This has been going on a while. Warren has been noting it for weeks (I think it first started v Arsenal). Someone who sits near me noted at full time v Man Utd that Maupay went straight down the tunnel. The first itme it happened, Warren accepted maybe he needed the loo. But when it happened in the following game v Tottenham he didn't believe that was the case.

It was also after the Tottenham game that Potter made a point of praising Welbeck for being selfless, playing his part off the bench and not complaining in those two games. A few people noticed this and Warren's coverage of Maupay's post match actions, and wondered if this was linked.

Maybe Graham's comments about how he doesn't know and is guessing he needs the toilet is a way of not committing to telling an out and out lie, but also keeping any troubles in-house, and so prove nothing.
Maybe Graham's comments are a genuine guess because there is no trouble, or any previous trouble was squashed and sorted, so are somewhat deceptive in hiding that there has been some thing, even if it's now been dealt with.
Maybe Graham's comments are accurate and Maupay drinks a lot while not playing, and he genuinely ends up needing to use the toilet every game. Goodness knows there are plenty of fans who need to go to the loo multiple times during/around a match, so it's not really that unusual.

After the Arsenal and Tottenham games, he still came out to warm down, and acknowledged the fans depsite running off at full time so I don't know him coming out after today's game is enough on its own to make it a non-story. But I think it does show that *if* he is storming off in a huff, he is doing it when it has little impact (full time/three subs used so it's not like he's gone missing when Graham is looking to put him on), and is calming down/pushing through it, to do his job like a professional and take part in everything he has to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here