Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought he was very poor , after being dropped for the last two matches you would of thought he would of tried to impress , but he did not look interested today , there seemed to be a lack of effort, little enthusiasm for trying to chase the ball down , let alone to create or make opportunities to score . I used to be a big fan but I fear his days are numbered

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
In answer to the OP’s question, today - mis control the ball, give the ball away, make poor runs, get in his team mates way.

So frustrating to watch, he’s a level below his team mates. As a former Albion player said to me today, he’s a Championship striker.

He’s our best striker. Prone to erratic form? Yes definitely, and I didn’t see today’s match so can’t comment on today’s performance, but he’s capable of moments of brilliance, and in the matches I’ve been able to see he’s kept trying even when things aren’t going for him.

I’m not saying that there’s no better striker out there, but he gets in the team on merit.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Thought he worked hard first half
Useless in the 2nd . Never been more frustrated watching a player .
But I also don’t blame him entirely, the club have not helped him , manager or fans in not bringing in better . So every missed opportunity from him makes it harder on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought he was very poor , after being dropped for the last two matches you would of thought he would of tried to impress , but he did not look interested today , there seemed to be a lack of effort, little enthusiasm for trying to chase the ball down , let alone to create or make opportunities to score . I used to be a big fan but I fear his days are numbered

Not how I saw it at all. Pretty good first half, was running their 23 (?) ragged and put in a huge amount of work chasing down as we tried to press. No lack of effort at all. :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Whilst he was poor, saying he didn’t look interested is very wide of the mark.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Not how I saw it at all. Pretty good first half, was running their 23 (?) ragged and put in a huge amount of work chasing down as we tried to press. No lack of effort at all. :shrug:

Yes, that's exactly how I saw it. Some people have just got a major issue with him have the hate blinkers on.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Agreed. Thought he worked hard and had more touches on the ball than usual ( most of them good!) but I get frustrated that he’s just a fraction of a second too slow to meet the ball and,or get a shot away - and that’s often the difference between an established premier goal scorer and one who isn’t.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think we're a better team without him. He does try really hard, but i think that hinders him and the team. We just look a lot more dangerous without him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Radio Sussex took a call at 17:43 from a lifelong Albion fan who thought Maupay’s attitude/sulking has been shocking, “the worst seen by any Albion player”. Tim Durrans didn’t disagree with him, not commenting, but kind of agreeing with the viewpoint.

I missed all this in recent weeks.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I think we're a better team without him. He does try really hard, but i think that hinders him and the team. We just look a lot more dangerous without him.

Recently, its not that we are a better team without Neal, it is that we are a better team with a fit and on form Welbeck. Danny has been excellent in all of his recent appearances and he provides the option for an out ball that Maupay doesn't. They are different types of striker and Welbeck's strengths fit better with the Bis, Caicedo, Mwepu midfield three set up than Maupay's do. He stretches the space for others to play in

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Radio Sussex took a call at 17:43 from a lifelong Albion fan who thought Maupay’s attitude/sulking has been shocking, “the worst seen by any Albion player”. Tim Durrans didn’t disagree with him, not commenting, but kind of agreeing with the viewpoint.

I missed all this in recent weeks.
I took someone to the Amex for the first time last week, comments Welbeck is PL class better in real life, the other fella runs around a lot.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Recently, its not that we are a better team without Neal, it is that we are a better team with a fit and on form Welbeck. Danny has been excellent in all of his recent appearances and he provides the option for an out ball that Maupay doesn't. They are different types of striker and Welbeck's strengths fit better with the Bis, Caicedo, Mwepu midfield three set up than Maupay's do. He stretches the space for others to play in

Without doubt a fit Welbeck is a much better option than Maupay, Welbeck stretches the opposition with his running and physique- Maupay simply can’t offer that - he’s too slow and ponderous I’m afraid

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Without doubt a fit Welbeck is a much better option than Maupay, Welbeck stretches the opposition with his running and physique- Maupay simply can’t offer that - he’s too slow and ponderous I’m afraid

Welbeck has seen it and done it at this level. Maupay has just seen it.

Would be a great Championship Striker, give Norwich a ring...

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

Your last line is spot on. Some pace in the front line makes a massive difference.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Welbeck has CL/international class, injuries held his career back.

Brilliant in the counter attack for Trossard’s goal today.

Awareness and execution of the pass.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Welbeck has seen it and done it at this level. Maupay has just seen it.

Would be a great Championship Striker, give Norwich a ring...

Although I knew what you mean....it does make me feel a little sad to see people bin off our players. When I remember desperately willing the likes of Richie Barkaaar to just get one shot, never mind it being on target. <sigh>

Oh well....I'm just an old man :facepalm:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Although I knew what you mean....it does make me feel a little sad to see people bin off our players. When I remember desperately willing the likes of Richie Barkaaar to just get one shot, never mind it being on target. <sigh>

Oh well....I'm just an old man :facepalm:

I always want our players to do well, just there comes a time when the truth has to be faced. Bit like having a pet really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here