Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hat’s off to you for doubling down but on this occasion you are wrong.

Ok, so you have an opinion on who the manager is? No, precisely. You either know or don’t. Neal being downcast rather than snubbing you isn’t an opinion. It’s just fact. Blimey, give the bloke a chance. Hard enough for the guy without fans making stuff up in their heads and giving him grief for their misreading. Anyway, keep digging, you’re almost there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The North Stand applaud his name and he looks down covering his face. Disrespectful. No wonder fans get on his back. Ok may have been disappointed being sub'd but walk past your vocal fans and ignore them. Find another club.

Great idea, let’s get rid of our best striker. What Brighton need is less decent strikers at the club.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Ok, so you have an opinion on who the manager is? No, precisely. You either know or don’t. Neal being downcast rather than snubbing you isn’t an opinion. It’s just fact. Blimey, give the bloke a chance. Hard enough for the guy without fans making stuff up in their heads and giving him grief for their misreading. Anyway, keep digging, you’re almost there.

It isn’t fact, it’s an opinion… first negative thing I’ve posted about him since he’s been here and I’ll be supporting him the next time he pulls the shirt on.
I just feel that he made a mistake in choosing not to acknowledge the crowd, who were still supporting him despite his performance today.

My opinion is different to yours, suggest we leave it there because we both seem to be quite entrenched in our views on this one :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ. Can't be arsed to find the 'get rid' post but FFS, Maupay looked absoluted gutted when he came off. To criticise him for not clapping the north stand is ludicrously entitled. I think it was the OP. Boo hoo.

Maupay was shit today and cost us 2 points, but let's not start making bollocks up, eh? Next someone will have him bang to rights for the A6 murders, Shergar's disappearance and our arshole government.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Christ. Can't be arsed to find the 'get rid' post but FFS, Maupay looked absoluted gutted when he came off. To criticise him for not clapping the north stand is ludicrously entitled. I think it was the OP. Boo hoo.

Maupay was shit today and cost us 2 points, but let's not start making bollocks up, eh? Next someone will have him bang to rights for the A6 murders, Shergar's disappearance and our arshole government.

So you didn’t feel personally disrespected by NM not applauding WSU as we walked past? :facepalm:

No wonder the club’s falling apart at the seams.

West Ham or Spurs supporters would’ve booed any player doing that, hardcore.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Was he shit though?

I was actually annoyed he was taken off, basically because we needed forwards on the pitch, and Welbeck looked even less likely to score.

Although he’s missing chances, he was still getting into the right places to have the opportunity, hopefully one will go in off his arse or perhaps his face a la Calderon….

Until Sarmiento came on, Potter weakened us IMO with Maupay’s withdrawal….

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Was he shit though?

I was actually annoyed he was taken off, basically because we needed forwards on the pitch, and Welbeck looked even less likely to score.

Although he’s missing chances, he was still getting into the right places to have the opportunity, hopefully one will go in off his arse or perhaps his face a la Calderon….

Until Sarmiento came on, Potter weakened us IMO with Maupay’s withdrawal….

Agree, he wasnt bad. Penalty was bad but some of his other attempts were about fine margins.

Also didnt like that he was taken off, not a decision I would have made.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Good enough for a team wanting to get into the top 10... possibly not.

On the other hand I struggle to think of one single player who has had more impact on Brighton staying up since he arrived.

Agree first para (actually deffo not but let’s not split hairs), not second.

I’ll give you Dunk, Webster, Murray (here with Maupay), Lallana (when fit), Bissouma.

Maupay will always seem to have more impact because his name appears underneath the score (occasionally) but he is way behind his Xg in 2.75 seasons (35 Xg vs 26 goals) and 2 behind his Xa (7 vs 9). He lacks quality at this level, which he exacerbates by getting frustrated, as evidenced by his sole contribution in last 7 games being to gain two yellow cards and sulking when substituted.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Agree first para (actually deffo not but let’s not split hairs), not second.

I’ll give you Dunk, Duffy, Webster, Murray (here with Maupay), Lallana (when fit), Bissouma.

Maupay will always seem to have more impact because his name appears underneath the score (occasionally) but he is way behind his Xg in 2.75 seasons (35 Xg vs 26 goals) and 2 behind his Xa (7 vs 9). He lacks quality at this level, which he exacerbates by getting frustrated, as evidenced by his sole contribution in last 7 games being to gain two yellow cards.

Could possibly agree with Dunk and Bissouma.. dont feel any of the others had the same impact for the last three seasons. Murray was obviously important before that but struggle to see how he helped the team last year or this year. Nothing against Connolly and Welbeck but I think Brighton would have been pretty ****ing relegated with those as the main options.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great idea, let’s get rid of our best striker. What Brighton need is less decent strikers at the club.

Mind numbing how stupid people are. Neal isn’t the problem, Welbeck isn’t the problem, it’s not having a 3rd let alone 4th option is the problem. Trying to get through a season without scoring options and expecting a top 12 or even 10 finish - come on. Even Southampton keep Shane Long as an option along with Adams, Broja, Armstrong. We’ve sold defenders and not bought goal scorers in. Shock borrow we have limited scoring options.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Could possibly agree with Dunk and Bissouma.. dont feel any of the others had the same impact for the last three seasons. Murray was obviously important before that but struggle to see how he helped the team last year or this year. Nothing against Connolly and Welbeck but I think Brighton would have been pretty ****ing relegated with those as the main options.

Indeed, but my main point is that Maupay consistently underperforms; it is not what he does but what he SHOULD do. Every season GS has been problem, and we have stayed up because of good GA.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Indeed, but my main point is that Maupay consistently underperforms; it is not what he does but what he SHOULD do. Every season GS has been problem, and we have stayed up because of good GA.

You could argue the reverse is true and the number of goals he’s got in this league with his ability is that he’s overachieved. He’s not Aguero. For me he’s trying to squeeze every drop out of his talent and yes it’s coming up a little short at times. Not sure you can say he’s underperforming. He’s like Pukki or Mitrovic - tear up the championship, struggle in the PL.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Not disagreeing. But he has done enough to help the team stay up, its not easy to play in the PL and if he was as shite as some say, Brighton would be playing in the Championship now, so he deserves some respect. But I agree that it is necessary to find a better striker as the main man up front or it will just be the same story again next season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
You could argue the reverse is true and the number of goals he’s got in this league with his ability is that he’s overachieved. He’s not Aguero. For me he’s trying to squeeze every drop out of his talent and yes it’s coming up a little short at times. Not sure you can say he’s underperforming. He’s like Pukki or Mitrovic - tear up the championship, struggle in the PL.

See post 489 for underperformance stats.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Mind numbing how stupid people are. Neal isn’t the problem, Welbeck isn’t the problem, it’s not having a 3rd let alone 4th option is the problem. Trying to get through a season without scoring options and expecting a top 12 or even 10 finish - come on. Even Southampton keep Shane Long as an option along with Adams, Broja, Armstrong. We’ve sold defenders and not bought goal scorers in. Shock borrow we have limited scoring options.

Is that the same Shane Long who's on loan at Bournemouth?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Glad our fans got behind him instead of against him today. He knew it was a bad day. Didn’t need people hammering it home. Should have scored today but it’s not all fault. He gives everything.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Another season with no improvement from him.
He has reached his level of performance and it is all we can afford.
Expect to see him off loaded by the first game next season.
Couldn't we get Knocky back on a rest of season loan.
He is doing nothing at present and would have a go.
Sorry Biss, but I wouldn't even have you on the bench for the rest of the season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Another season with no improvement from him.
He has reached his level of performance and it is all we can afford.
Expect to see him off loaded by the first game next season.
Couldn't we get Knocky back on a rest of season loan.
He is doing nothing at present and would have a go.
Sorry Biss, but I wouldn't even have you on the bench for the rest of the season.

My God.

Literally astonishing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here