Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay appreciation thread

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
don't know if any of you saw this stat from sky:

Neal Maupay is the sixth French player to score 10+ goals in their debut PL season:
1992-93 – Cantona (15)
1999-00 – Henry (17)
2012-13 – Giroud (11)
2015-16 – Martial (11)
2017-18 – Lacazette (14)
2019-20 – MAUPAY (10)

.... certainly not bad company, eh?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I'm a big fan of Maupay, I love his tenacious and dogged attitude, he won't let anyone get the better of him if he can help it.

To be honest a few other Albion players could learn a thing or two from Neal, one of them being about not backing off and giving the opposition an easy time of it.

Ten goals and counting in his first Premier League season is amazing, especially so considering he's playing in a side that has struggled to create many clear chances for players to score.

Next season we should see an improvement on this one, hopefully he'll have more chances to score and also have a stike partner that will compliment his obvious talents in front of goal.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Done very well 8 out of 10 and hopefully being settled both in the team and league he will only improve next season. When the inevitable run of 6 games without scoring happens, hope fans don't slate him.

Now we just need another striker who can also score goals to compliment him (not always needing to play both together).

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Tribute to El Galgo or bantering Guendouzi?

b5c6ef1dcddfa84c67303e5f23e71342.jpg

One for the greyhound, surely.....and maupay is another one who will do even better next season.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Agree great signing

Also love the way he is both open and passionate in interviews
So many footballers just turn out the same old guff

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I'm a big fan of Maupay, I love his tenacious and dogged attitude, he won't let anyone get the better of him if he can help it.

To be honest a few other Albion players could learn a thing or two from Neal, one of them being about not backing off and giving the opposition an easy time of it.

Ten goals and counting in his first Premier League season is amazing, especially so considering he's playing in a side that has struggled to create many clear chances for players to score.

Next season we should see an improvement on this one, hopefully he'll have more chances to score and also have a stike partner that will compliment his obvious talents in front of goal.

He’s had a fab first season, but he has had plenty of chances: 38 shots on target (8th in PL) and 92 in total (6th in PL). We have not struggled to create chances but we have struggled to convert them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
don't know if any of you saw this stat from sky:

Neal Maupay is the sixth French player to score 10+ goals in their debut PL season:
1992-93 – Cantona (15)
1999-00 – Henry (17)
2012-13 – Giroud (11)
2015-16 – Martial (11)
2017-18 – Lacazette (14)
2019-20 – MAUPAY (10)

.... certainly not bad company, eh?

The Cantona one is a bit of a cheat though as he was already playing top flight football with Leeds and was a title winner with them the season before the formation of the Premier League.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sort of thought he looked like the sort of bloke who would convince you to buy him a drink and then pinch your missus, but then he said something, audibly but off the mic, like "thank you very much, have an enjoyable evening" after his interview. That dun't happen very often.

Also outlandishly handsome and has a quality accent.

Firstly, a lockdown story:

Neal is very good at what I still call (in an annoying and old fashioned manner) computer games. He was our FIFA20 representative in a big online tournament organised by Leyton Orient but lost narrowly to a Dutch Pro FIFA player. he streamed the game on his twitch feed. My son was watching and Maupay was switching effortlessly from French to perfect English in his commentary. At the end he then asked if anyone watching wanted to play Fortnite with him and he teamed up with Brighton fans on it, including my son. It's probably my boy's only happy memory of April - the day he played online games with a Brighton striker.

On the field Le Petit Shithouse has been exactly what we've needed this season. Full of running and a constant annoyance he'd be horrible to play against. Add to that 10 goals in his first Premier League season and we have a star of the future in the making.

How long we'll hold on to him I'm not sure but I certainly hope he's going to be leading the line next season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Its Maupay I’m in love. Yes, count me as a member of his fan club. He’s been a fantastic signing for us, one of the best in our modern PL era.

10 goals in your debut season in the Prem for a relegation team is fantastic, I think he could be more clinical. Seem to remember a lot of chances, especially in first half of the season, that he missed.

A bit more clinical and we have 20 goals a season striker.

Oh, and his shit-housery is top drawer. Maupay is going to be an Albion legend.

Pedant alert. He didn't play for a relegation team and Albion were never in the bottom three. Thanks in part to his 10 goals.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Love him, up there with Dunk as my favourite player. Great attitude as well as ability. Wonderful signing.

I thout the celebration was aimed at Gwen Dozy!

So did I. The same Gwen Dozy who is now learning humility by being banned from Arsenal’s training ground by Arteta.
Maupay is a talented footballer, but also a breath of fresh air in a world of cliches.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So did I. The same Gwen Dozy who is now learning humility by being banned from Arsenal’s training ground by Arteta.
Maupay is a talented footballer, but also a breath of fresh air in a world of cliches.

Yeah he speaks really well in post-match interviews. I can see the tv companies wanting to speak to him after games to liven up their coverage.

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
What I love is that even when he had a streak of not scoring he was still managing to get shots on target.

There’s been some pretty smart saves to stop him adding to that tally.

Try 500 miles by the proclaimers - swap the da da da bit with Neal Maupay!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
This! This This! #

Thought the NSK would pick up on this one, but nothing.

and no, I'm not going to see if I can get it going,,,,,

:lolol:oh go on !!, most of the north stand love The Cure !!

if you cant pull it off

Might have more luck with a rod stewart phil collins or a Boney M chorus :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here