Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay appreciation thread

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
I am suprised we are this far into the thread and no one has mentioned his goal against Wolves. If he could complement goals like that with more composure in the box and improve his penalty taking,
I believe he could easily get closer to 20 than 10 next season.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
When Murray has a chance, I expect the net to bulge, whether it's a one-on-one with the keeper, or a shot through a crowd, a header or a tap-in. When maupay has a chance, I think ;How is he going to miss this time? He scores brilliant goals then misses easy ones. Murray always seems to have time, while Maupay snatches at chances, but I think this is experience and it will come with time.

Don't forget that when Glenn was Neal's age he was missing chances for Carlisle in the 4th division

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
When Murray has a chance, I expect the net to bulge, whether it's a one-on-one with the keeper, or a shot through a crowd, a header or a tap-in. When maupay has a chance, I think ;How is he going to miss this time? He scores brilliant goals then misses easy ones. Murray always seems to have time, while Maupay snatches at chances, but I think this is experience and it will come with time.

Not yesterday. Finished really nicely and very calmly. Got me telling anyone who would listen that I tip him for 20 next season. He's still very young.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Murray highest PL goals in a season is what, 13? Maupay can easily be at Murray level with a long career ahead of him. Hope he gets a couple more before the end of the season

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not yesterday. Finished really nicely and very calmly. Got me telling anyone who would listen that I tip him for 20 next season. He's still very young.

:

So the same as players like Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who has 20 and Salah who has 19 :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think he’s jolly good! Is that enough?

He actually scores goals! Yes, he misses as well, but he’s still only about 15! But he’s made the step up from the championship pretty well, and will get better. He took his goal against Saints really well, as he has with a lot this season - Arsenal 90+5 ⚽:albion2:
Very definitely passes the no dickhead rule, and can actually spot and wind up opposition dickheads.
And has a hard edge which does not seem in danger of descending in to a red mist.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Remember Villa fans telling us all last summer that he would never choose us over a massive club like them (lesson to he learned here Leeds) followed by the predictable ‘we didn’t want him anyway’.

84f84b04fcfba95adb28de19a5aecb1c.jpg

Neal knew it made sense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here