Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] NC State band

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
American sports tend to have a very different audience and atmosphere to English football.

I wonder what all those fresh faced US college students thought, a few minutes into the game, when a thousand or so Saints fans started belting out "WE'RE f***ing SHIIIIIIIIIT" :D

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think that the person(s) who put together Sunday's pre-pmatch brief can be very good at US geography, they were described as the Ohio State Band.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Enjoyed watching them for a while pre-match. Pretty good. They were well into the game and post-match celebrations too.
Yeah, really enjoyed them pre-match outside the ground but the fact they were so obviously enjoying themselves during the game and stayed for a good long time afterwards was lovely. Saw a good number of those scarves whirling!
Did anyone film them?

Edit: I think the second one will load, Google is just taking its time processing!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Both my girls did “ drum core” marching bands in the UK

They both did colour guard, that is the flag /rifle twirling stuff to national finals level.

in the uk we have great bands, about div 3, Europe have better bands, div 2 and the US collegiate bands are champions league Level. If you go on YouTube check out drum line videos. These kids are just brilliant

was magnificent seeing them and they made a fantastic sound.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
It reminds me of when I was in Lima about 16 years ago and it was the inauguration of the new President of Peru. A large military band in full Georgian cavalry regalia marched out halted and then flew into a rendition of Star Wars. It was epic and I've decided it's what I want when I'm inaugurated as Britain's President.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
American sports tend to have a very different audience and atmosphere to English football.

I wonder what all those fresh faced US college students thought, a few minutes into the game, when a thousand or so Saints fans started belting out "WE'RE f***ing SHIIIIIIIIIT" :D
Probably reflected after the game that the Saints fans were entirely accurate in their assessment.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Were they sat in the south east corner next to the away fans?

There was pretty much a whole block with everyone dressed in red but clearly had blue and white scarfs which had me puzzled especially as they were next to the away fans. They seem to very much enjoy the after game celebrations. They all linked arms and were swaying along in time to the crappy europop.

NCseagull

May 21, 2023
Just seen this thread - as a Cary resident, having the Wolfpack band at the Amex is weird but great to see. Although agree with the earlier poster that the culture gap from US college athletics to English football might have been eye opening for them
We should get together and watch some games next season! I'm in Raleigh

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here