Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor tweet regarding new striker....it's Sammy Ameobi!,,

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I'm not in anyone's gang.

Stephen Ward and Adam Clayton were verified by the Argus.

What was verified? That they had signed, or that they were "expected to sign"?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whenever I've seen Sami Ameobi (OBE) I've been reminded of Bambi on Ice.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I've seen him play a lot as I live up in the North East and see Toon play quite a bit in the last 5 years.

He's a confidence player, who when on song is extremely skilful for a tall, gangly lad.

Will never be as prolific in front of his goal as his brother though and is pretty easily knocked off the ball.

I think he'd do well at Championship level in the right circumstances - but not as a main striker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would assume that if we sign him they dont intend to use him as the lone striker so where does that put Baldock in the pecking order. Perahps another loan striker is being looked at as well as him.and him to take the Texieria role of last season.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
In the same league as Leon Best and Nile Ranger. No thanks if this is the quality of CH signings we are in for a hard season

wibble
93597-beram-kayal-broken-nose-after-celtics-2-0-win-in-perth.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry I seem to have missed the part where the admin called a correct transfer and Naylor hasn't. We haven't even signed anyone yet, how can Naylor be 'behind'?
Because he scored an own goal.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I might have to disagree with the majority on here TBH. He is EXACTLY the type of player we need, a quick, exciting and skillful winger. But definitely, definitely not a striker.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So we are linked with a premiership player who is young and obviously has talent, and people are questioning if he is good enough before he has kicked a ball.

let is hope he is not reading this, jebus who on earth do we expect to sign.....

he is just the type of player we should be looking at.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we were talking about Wilbraham, or Church I could understand the negativity, but surely this would be a reasonable singing ?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I wouldn't be too disappointed if we signed Ameobi, I'd prefer permanent rather than a loan.

I can't see it being a loan. He's out of contract so if it's a loan it's either Newcastle give him a 2-3 year contract then send him out on loan again, or someone else buys him through compensation and then loans him to us at 23. Both sound unlikely to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here