Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor suggests the window is essentially shut

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Just accept it Andy Naylor was right.

FFS, anyone with half a brain could have worked out we weren't gonna dive in for a last minute punt. Knowing that Dunk was staying and Argentine wasn't on his way, there really was little else doing. I suspect it was a lucky guess as I doubt Naylor knows any more than anyone else on here. Don't forget there's no chance BZ will be signing!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
FFS, anyone with half a brain could have worked out we weren't gonna dive in for a last minute punt. Knowing that Dunk was staying and Argentine wasn't on his way, there really was little else doing. I suspect it was a lucky guess as I doubt Naylor knows any more than anyone else on here. Don't forget there's no chance BZ will be signing!

#382 posts in and my post still stands the test of time, embarrassing. :facepalm:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Hemed three goals in five if he keeps up his current ratio he should at least net 20+ goals at this level. With a little more luck he could of scored against Forest, Fulham and Blackburn not sure what you want from a striker but hes beginning to look a really good player.

i hope you are right. i have my doubts. we will see.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
pull-door.jpg Yep its closed!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I will precede this by saying that I have not heard this first hand, so I will not vouch for the veracity.

But someone currently working at the training ground (a chap I know, who is not a WUM) has apparently been told that an Albion director is on a plane back from South America with a striker. A £9m striker. I don't know his source, so as I say, I am by no means claiming this is FACT. Its just what I have heard, about 10 minutes ago.

Make of it what you will...

Have they had to circle the airport all day, like in Die Hard 2 ? ???

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Like your ones about Zamora and Dunk?

What ones about Zamora and dunk? Genuinely no idea what you're on about matey.

Edit: do you mean the ridiculously minor rumour I posted in a dunk topic that my mate had heard from a mate? The one that was quite obviously a he said she said? If so then lmao, incredible. Still no idea about Zamora though.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Edit: do you mean the ridiculously minor rumour I posted in a dunk topic that my mate had heard from a mate? The one that was quite obviously a he said she said? If so then lmao, incredible. Still no idea about Zamora though.

When you say "ridiculously minor rumour" what you actually mean, of course, is "steaming pile of made-up horse crap that was so shoddily thought out that you had to go back and try to edit when people started poking holes in it".

Ok, I've been debating since yesterday morning whether to post this here, but my work collegue was off this weekend and down in London out with his mates from down south.

At lunch time that day he says "oh! Viper, I met a brighton WAG this weekend", she was his best friends girlfriends friend (lol) so obviously I'm intrigued and ask him who it was, he said he didn't know, only that he was young, had just had a kid and was leaving in the summer, and we'll try and work it out from there if we can get an out of contract list. I went through all of our out of contract players and none of them were the kiddy, we went on his Facebook and found the WAG in question and it's Dunks Mrs.

He has absolutely no reason to lie, and we spent 10 minutes going through out of contract players seeing if it matched up, we then confirmed it was defo Lewis' by Facebook and thus, we MAYBE stumbled onto some transfer gossip. If his WAG is already telling her friends they're moving, it seems like Lewis wants out.

Don't shoot the messenger, and I've never posted a rumour before in my life (feel free to check), but it's just something I thought I'd share with the class.

Edit: Dunky and gf are on holiday, so I assume my mate actually meant he found out that his best mates bird was mates with a Brighton WAG, which would explain the lack of info he was able to get, you'd think if she was there he'd have just asked outright, so yea, sorry for the confusion. I'm not trying to stir any pot or get battered with abuse, it's just what a lad with no interest in Brighton has heard/told me.

I have edited my post, and my mate did mention she was in alot of exotic places on FB, so it sounds about right, IMO.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
When you say "ridiculously minor rumour" what you actually mean, of course, is "steaming pile of made-up horse crap that was so shoddily thought out that you had to go back and try to edit when people started poking holes in it".

Lol so you're actually saying I'm lying? Wow! I mean if I was lying wouldn't I come up with something slightly better? I was told what I was told, whether it was true or not (obviously not true) please don't call me a liar, I swear to God that is what I was told, and people calling me a liar is completely unfair when I've never posted anything like that before.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lol so you're actually saying I'm lying? Wow! I mean if I was lying wouldn't I come up with something slightly better? I was told what I was told, whether it was true or not (obviously not true) please don't call me a liar, I swear to God that is what I was told, and people calling me a liar is completely unfair when I've never posted anything like that before.

AZ Gull got the main Dunk one I was thinking about but it wasn't the only one (see below). The point is you posted something ITK and then you constantly come on here attacking people who do the same. Your record really is terrible BTW. On Dunk / Zamora / Transfers in general. Five minute post search:

I don't know why y'all saying about Bozzas source like it's untouchable or better than anyone elses, his source consistently got things wrong last summer, you'd be stupid (like me) to believe anything that's said on here (like me). :lolol::cry:

(This on one of the Zamora threads)

Dunk looks to be a goner, which begs the question of just who do we have at center half barring Greer who is definite first team material :lolol:

My 5th of August prediction for the next first team signing is looking solid right now tbqh.
(we signed Bobby on 3rd)

Have to laugh at the same people saying IT'S ONLY A FRIENDLY, this is TWO SUMMERS now of very poor work on the transfer market in attacking positions. How can you continue to defend these lot when they clearly aren't good enough, we need some creative and attacking edge ASAP otherwise we will struggle again this year no matter who's at the back. An attack v defence exercise isn't what we should be doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here