Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro injury

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hopefully will see Dicker get the regularly spot he deserves.

Although of course, I wish Navarro a speedy recovery.

For me though he is the sort of player that fans who don't know much about football but want to SOUND like they do, praise.

strange judgement - Nav and Dicker are 2 completely different players in 2 completely different roles.

Dicker will, if anything, take Sparrow's role.

Kish will take over for Navarro but will he last 90 minutes and when we need 2 defensive midfielders away from home will Battipiedi be up to it? Hope so but certainly Navarro will be missed. His finding form last year coincided with the team's improvement and against Swindon he showed he was up for continuing in the same mould.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Like I said, I do think Navarro is decent and some of his passing is lovely.

But, I just think he lacks a bit of pace and mobility to be the star that many on here paint him as in that deep sitting midfield role.

When he does lose the ball, he really struggles to chase back.

But, as someone else pointed out above, we are a League One club so you can't have everything.

strange judgement - Nav and Dicker are 2 completely different players in 2 completely different roles.

Dicker will, if anything, take Sparrow's role.

If Navarro is missing the midfield will get juggled round and there will be space for Dicker. Not necessarily a like for like replacement, but his absence will certainly make room for Dicker.

I beg to differ with severnside Gull on this. We do not need 2 defensive midfielders away from or at home. We need blood and guts midfielders who don't mind getting their knees dirty. This is my opinion and everyone is entitled to their's

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Anyone who fails to see the key role Navarro has played since Gus took over are the ones who don't know much about football.

Saturday was a prime example, personally I thought he was MOTM. Coming deep to pick up the ball and getting himself a yard of space may look easy but to consistently do it for 90 minutes is not. In my opinion he plays the key role in linking the defence and midfield, and finding a replacement is not going to be easy.

This!

You only have to read Gus's quotes on AN to appreciate what he thinks of him.
Some people on here have such a basic knowledge of football it begars belief.
If a player isn't scoring hatfuls, saving hatfuls or going in for haymaker tackles that apparently means they arnt pulling their weight? I think we will miss him...time will tell....oh and Dicker is a good player BUT his game is vastly different to AN's...so why compare.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This!

You only have to read Gus's quotes on AN to appreciate what he thinks of him.
Some people on here have such a basic knowledge of football it begars belief.
If a player isn't scoring hatfuls, saving hatfuls or going in for haymaker tackles that apparently means they arnt pulling their weight? I think we will miss him...time will tell....oh and Dicker is a good player BUT his game is vastly different to AN's...so why compare.

I don't see anywhere on this thread where people have said they do not appreciate he is a decent player.

And I certainly wasn't comparing him with Dicker - just saying that the likely midfield re-shuffle would make space for Dicker. Not the same thing at all.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Poyet prefers to have two holding midfield players with our main outlet for attack being the wingers & full backs...whether thats in a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-2.

The "blood & thunder" midfielders are the one element of the English game that is dead...Sparrow will probably be the closest thing you'll get to one nowadays as the game is much slower than it was say 20 years ago.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't see anywhere on this thread where people have said they do not appreciate he is a decent player.

And I certainly wasn't comparing him with Dicker - just saying that the likely midfield re-shuffle would make space for Dicker. Not the same thing at all.

I think your comment about the only people who praise him are the ones who don't know about football i.e. Calling most fans and Gus idiots, is why you've got a few peoples backs up.

Not saying that's how you meant it, but that's how it comes across

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here