Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Naughty, naughty Dale Stephens

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No.

What's happened to him? Why has he barely played for them?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barnes is already banned for the same. They'll have nobody left to drive to Burnley training from Alderly Edge, soon.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Astonishing to think he now has a criminal record and yet is nowhere near being the most awful person involved with their club

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Around the time he signed for Burnley, I remember seeing him sat in Hove Park on the grass with his dog staring into the abyss probably thinking ‘next stop Burnley’. I was going to say hello but he had the look of someone who just wanted to be left alone, not of someone who had just secured a ‘dream move’!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No.

What's happened to him? Why has he barely played for them?

Errrm . . . because he isn't good enough? Has barely featured for Burnley in nearly two seasons with them. I've no idea when hist contract ends, but at 32 l certainlt can't see the club extending it.

A shame, l was one of the relative few who thought he did a good job in all of his years at the Albion.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Errrm . . . because he isn't good enough? Has barely featured for Burnley in nearly two seasons with them. I've no idea when hist contract ends, but at 32 l certainlt can't see the club extending it.

A shame, l was one of the relative few who thought he did a good job in all of his years at the Albion.

They courted him for years and years, it's odd that he finally got his move and has only made 9 appearances, don't you think?

I also liked him when he played for us. Although when he was bad, he was really bad.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They courted him for years and years, it's odd that he finally got his move and has only made 9 appearances, don't you think?

I also liked him when he played for us. Although when he was bad, he was really bad.

When they were first after him, he'd have been an excellent signing for them - a perfect fit.

But his athleticism really went downhill in his last year or so with us, and by the time they got their man, he was simply not physically up to the demands of playing in a two-man Burnley centre midfield. A really bad signing to be honest, possibly driven by ego - wanting to finally land their earlier target.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Constantly injured. Drink driving might indicate that he isnt treating his body particularly well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not wishing to endorse, but if the legal limit is 35mg, and he had 59mg, wouldn't the difference just be having an extra pint ?

I'm not saying it's right, but given that a sizable number of drivers in the UK will have done exactly the same thing I don't get holier than thou about such things.

He screwed up, but he's hardly a pariah.

Only folk who have never ever driven when they might be a small amount over the limit need respond.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not wishing to endorse, but if the legal limit is 35mg, and he had 59mg, wouldn't the difference just be having an extra pint ?

I'm not saying it's right, but given that a sizable number of drivers in the UK will have done exactly the same thing I don't get holier than thou about such things.

Only folk who have never ever driven when they might be a small amount over the limit need respond.

The thing is he's got enough money to have a full time driver. Why on earth wouldn't he just call a taxi?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The thing is he's got enough money to have a full time driver. Why on earth wouldn't he just call a taxi?

And I don't think the report says when the test was done. If it was morning after the night before then he's got absolutely shitfaced, just like he used to round here.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

This is the thing I never understand about celebrities getting done for drink driving, especially footballers. I can't believe there wasn't somebody who wouldn't be prepared to give him a lift.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here