Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Chalobah....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Extra hilarious - Henderson is a very poor excuse for a football player. I think you will have to agree your previous assessment of players has not always been the best.

In your opinion. Personally, I don't think it is a coincidance that since Henderson has been more involved in the Liverpool team, they have picked up their form. He is a very good player and you'll be proved wrong in a few years.

That said, I still think he should have stayed at Sunderland for a few years. Playing regular football every week is underated. But Liverpool threw money ar him and off he went. Even I think £20million was hilarious.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Chalobah was the only real talent out there tonight, I'm not sure what I was watching, but Shelvey didn't look amazing - as for Henderson, England captain? I hope that is a joke, he'll make less caps than Tom Huddlestone - who is a much better player. & the defending?! defending was hideous! A bunch of carthorses playing long ball all night.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I thought he was the best player on the pitch by a mile first half, absolutely magnificent. What a player he will go on to be.

Wisdom and Townsend on the right were sheer comedy. Wisdom will be a good centre back though, big and strong.

Overall, I reckon Chalobah, Shelvey, Wickham, Dawson, Henderson, Sterling and McEachran will break into the England team at some point. The others were pure filler, decent players but nothing too special in context.

Agreed Chalobah was very very good - shame he cant get in the chelsea team.... also the Austrian number 8 was great. was freaking cold though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thought Sterling looked gash. Give me Zaha over that useless clown any day.

Playing him on the left is stupid. Football has become incredibly stupid with the inverting of wingers. Townsend is rubbish on the right, and probably would be on the left as well but atleast give him a chance. If he beats his man and gets down the wing he then has to cut back inside before crossing. Where's the upside? If you're playing wingers as wingers they are wasted playing on the unnatural side. Townsend and Sterling were clearly meant to provide service for the big lad up front. But he has nothing to feed off really, because there were no deliveries into the box for him to attack.

I would still much prefer Sterling to Zaah any day of the week. But both should play on the right hand side where they'll be much more effective.

Agreed Chalobah was very very good - shame he cant get in the chelsea team.... also the Austrian number 8 was great. was freaking cold though.

He will do next season I would have thought, especially if Mourinho returns. He won't play every game, but he's still very young. He would be better off going to a team like, well, Brighton (!) to continue his development. For me he showed the other way to play the holding midfield role. I was massively impressed with both him and Jason Lowe, they got through a lot of work and were contributing both in attack and defence. They seemed very comfortable alongside each other and formed a good partnership. I'd love a midfield due of Bridcutt and Chalobah. :drool:

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Playing him on the left is stupid. Football has become incredibly stupid with the inverting of wingers. Townsend is rubbish on the right, and probably would be on the left as well but atleast give him a chance. If he beats his man and gets down the wing he then has to cut back inside before crossing. Where's the upside? If you're playing wingers as wingers they are wasted playing on the unnatural side. Townsend and Sterling were clearly meant to provide service for the big lad up front. But he has nothing to feed off really, because there were no deliveries into the box for him to attack.

I would still much prefer Sterling to Zaah any day of the week. But both should play on the right hand side where they'll be much more effective.

Yeah agreed. I don't think Pearce's tactics bought out the best in many of the players. Thankfully the lad is 18 and plays under a better coach at Liverpool so has a lot of time to develop yet.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

He will do next season I would have thought, especially if Mourinho returns. He won't play every game, but he's still very young. He would be better off going to a team like, well, Brighton (!) to continue his development. For me he showed the other way to play the holding midfield role. I was massively impressed with both him and Jason Lowe, they got through a lot of work and were contributing both in attack and defence. They seemed very comfortable alongside each other and formed a good partnership. I'd love a midfield due of Bridcutt and Chalobah. :drool:

If we got him on loan i would have a sex wee.

Dec 29, 2011
Extra hilarious - Henderson is a very poor excuse for a football player. I think you will have to agree your previous assessment of players has not always been the best.

Henderson was a cut above the rest last night, his quality showed compared to the rest of the players

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah agreed. I don't think Pearce's tactics bought out the best in many of the players. Thankfully the lad is 18 and plays under a better coach at Liverpool so has a lot of time to develop yet.

I thought the tactics suited Lowe and Chalobah. I don't think they suited Andre Wisdom, who looked hopelessly lost at right back. Sadly, the inverting of wingers is edemic in football. Ever since Lionel Messi started playing on the right for Barcelona because Ronaldinho was in the left, it's become the norm in football. Even Stewart Downing does it now... But they've ALL missed the point. Messi is Messi. Downing? Not Messi, get back on the left wing.

If we got him on loan i would have a sex wee.

:lolol: I might stop short there, but it would be exciting!

Henderson was a cut above the rest last night, his quality showed compared to the rest of the players

:thumbsup: Glad someone else spotted it. I was amazed by his warm up though, wearing a JACKET?! He's from Sunderland! Be a man, lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here